PDA

View Full Version : OK... I'm Biting the Bullet...

Bourjois__x
14-06-12, 09:19
...And referring myself to Counselling. I'm lucky that I work in the NHS and they offer Counselling services for staff. I need this anxiety sorting out once and for all.

I'm finding it extremely difficult at the moment to enjoy a social life. I can't seem to do new things. If anything comes up and I agree to doing it, I panic and back out. I've explained this to my friends who are understanding and have said for me to just take my time.

I'm hoping that I get some good information that will help me to move on from feeling like a nervous, anxious wreck to someone who did previously enjoy life and love meeting up with friends and had no problems doing social activities.

BobbyDog
14-06-12, 10:17
Really good idea, get it sorted out before it becomes too much of a problem.
I have SA and wish I had addressed it a lot sooner than I did, but did not know that there was help out there at the time.
Good luck, stay positive, you are doing the right thing.

Bourjois__x
14-06-12, 10:27
I've had minor anxiety for around 2 years ever since developing IBS. I suppose it was more paranoia than anything but then it turned into anxiety and went on from there. It's only more recently that I have started to suffer quite badly with it and need to sort it out.

I know it's far off but I am currently saving a deposit to buy a house which will be in 2 years time, and I don't want to suffer with anxiety at the time of buying one as I'll ruin the whole exciting time.

Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

It's awful! I've always been an anxious child but this is just ridiculous!!

R.Barratt
30-06-12, 22:02
Hello. Well done :D
You should be really proud of yourself for joining with councilling thas been offered for you. If you get worried about it just try and remeber all the things you won't to change about your life and how you used to be. We all need to learn to enjoy our lives :) xxxx