PDA

View Full Version : a small success to some but to me....massive

R.Barratt
14-06-12, 18:12
hello :)
i have been struggling with a violent and emmotionallly scaring relationship with my mum. usually i let her walk all over me even when i have moved out. she calls me horrible things hangs up and is generally very demanding with me. she knows i have depression but still bullys me constantly.
But today rather than letting it drag me down like every other day i have written down all my feelings. and have told her what i want and what she does as i think she doesnt even realise. i have also said if it continues i will cut her out of my life permenantly because i cant cope with it anymore.
i feel very brave as i know she will evither cry to my family members lieing about me being the worst daughter in the world and her being a saint or i will get continous abusive calls and texts off her.
but i need to look after myslef because i have relaised if i dont it will never stop and i deserve to be happy everyone does
i know people may think this is such a small thing to do but for me i have allowed this abuse to become routine as i love her and want to please her but i am 17 now and need to take control of this situation because i know deep down i dont deserve it :D

yvonne_uk_98
14-06-12, 18:33
Well done for taking that step :yesyes:

so sorry you are going through such a rough time of it. :hugs: thinking of you.

Elle-Kay
14-06-12, 18:46
Well done you :)
Do keep strong and stick to your guns. My dad had a very poor relationship with his mother, which ended in him cutting her out, and it was only that that (eventually) made her change her tune a little.

R.Barratt
14-06-12, 23:31
Thank you its so nice having peopple say supportive no judgemental things. I'm glad you can both understand :D

KaraSharpe
14-06-12, 23:46
I think its a HUGE thing that you have done! Good for you!
Kara xxx:hugs:

london
14-06-12, 23:55
thats the way stay strong
god bless

R.Barratt
15-06-12, 13:17
thank you i think i am doing better but its so up and down at the minute no continuity. music seems to help me a lot to relax and smile at its beauty. i love johnny cash :)