PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobic and scared :(

kj238889
14-06-12, 18:29
Ok so I'm sorry to go on but I am so so scared the past couple of days have been that bad ive not been able to eat properly and my days are just slipping past me I am doing barely anything apart from research on the following subject.

My main worry is Norovirus you hear a lot of stories on the news but i need some actual facts about the chances of catching it and such and since you can catch it from food that really scares me :(

I feel like I am ruining my life and my partners cause he has to listen to me go on about my worries

emeraldgirl
14-06-12, 19:51
The main issue with catching norovirus from food is if you are eating out, especially cold foods. If you are preparing your own food just make sure you wash all fruit and vegetables under running water and you will be fine. I have severe emetophobia and have spent years researching. Good hand hygiene is the best prevention. Eating food you have prepared yourself is not a risk. Try and eat something and you will start to feel better. On the positive front, they have started trials on a vaccine for norovirus.