PDA

View Full Version : Help and advice of escitalopram & diazepam

Sal W
14-06-12, 20:40
Hi, I am feeling really anxious, went to the drs today and he wants me to stay on 3.5 mg diazepam for 2 - 4 weeks and then taper at 0.5 mg per week but to start taking escitalopram straight away, 5mg 1st week, 10mg 2nd week. This is to help cope with the side effects of the escitalopram. Only problem is I am only just coping now on the Diaz. Has anyone got any advice/experience of taking these together and also on side effects with escitalopram. I am almost too scared to take it but once the Diaz has gone I will have nothing to help my anxiety. Any help would be soo welcome:weep: Sal x

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Anyone out there can help?:)

kittikat
14-06-12, 23:22
Hi Sal, I have PM'd you hun.

I do hope you get some encouraging and helpful replies to your post to help put your mind at rest.

Keep me posted....Take care :hugs: xx Kitti :flowers: xx

ewood79
15-06-12, 09:18
Hi Sal,

I changed to Escitalopram 3 months ago from another SSRI and went straight on 20mg as I was on a high dose equivalent etc.... I was given diazepam for a week and yeah it was fine to take.... You will feel pretty calm etc...

The Escitalopram will start to work etc and you will feel the full benefits anywhere from 6-12 weeks .... From all reports this is a very good anti depressant for anxiety.

Best of luck

Jarrod

Sal W
15-06-12, 13:44
Thanks Jarrod, that's really helpful. I am taking my first one at 7pm tonight, fingers crossed! Sal:D

kittikat
15-06-12, 15:30
Aww, great news Sal, I'm sure you are doing the right thing.

Good luck and let me know how you get on, you are a very brave lady :yesyes: I will be thinking of you.

Take care :hugs: Kitti :flowers: xxx

Sal W
15-06-12, 20:06
Thanks Kitti, you have helped me so much already! Don't know what I would do without your support - you are a treasure!:hugs:

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

I've done it! Just taken 1st tablet!:D

kittikat
15-06-12, 20:19
:yahoo: You are brilliant Sal....I'm so impressed, the only way is up now!! :yesyes:
You star :flowers: :bighug1:xx

ewood79
16-06-12, 07:05
Well done Sal! Things will get better for you for sure!!!!

Sal W
16-06-12, 13:58
:yahoo: You are brilliant Sal....I'm so impressed, the only way is up now!! :yesyes:
You star :flowers: :bighug1:xx

Yey! Fingers crossed:flowers:

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

Well done Sal! Things will get better for you for sure!!!!

Thanks so much, I do hope so! Take care :)

ewood79
18-06-12, 01:11
How are you going Sal? X

Sal W
18-06-12, 20:07
How are you going Sal? X

Not good! I gave up after Saturdays 5mg as on Sunday I was in bed all day feeling horrendous and getting massive body jerks and twitches. Clearly it's not for me. The diazepam has always helped and I never had any problems like this. Oh well, at least I tried!:lac: