PDA

View Full Version : 25mg sertraline. Any point?

frenchbean
14-06-12, 20:13
Hi All,

I was prescribed 50mg of sertraline over a year ago but haven't had the courage to start taking it. However, I'm getting to the point where I really want to try, having read some of the positive stories on here about people feeling alot better.

My question is, if I were to half a 50mg tablet and start taking 25mg to begin with, (in order to attempt to reduce the SE's that I'm terrified of) would I feel any benefit at all? when I upped it to 50mgs would I feel less extreme SE's having already been on 25 or does it not work that way?

Should I just go straight onto 50mg and brave it out?

Has anyone felt any real benefit on just 25mg?

Many thanks in advance.

TJSMITH
14-06-12, 20:24
Hi there
I have been on Cit for 3 months and changing to sert next week, what i can tell you is the approach alot of gps use is to start on low dose to prevent the SE as much as possible then build this up over couple of weeks so i would say yes def go for it.
I am withdrawing from cit gradually on gps advice aswell.
I am being treated for anxiety and was put on half the starting dose to prevent problems if you feel comfortable by doing it that way i would c

stamags
14-06-12, 20:33
hi
I started straight on 50mg sert after being on 20mg cit for 12 weeks and having little improvement. I had minimal side effects from the sert which I was very glad for as I had been really bad on the cit. I would say go straight on the dose your doc prescribed you may not have too many side effects and I think worrying about it makes it worse.