PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Node Where Earlobe Meets Face

sophiethestar
14-06-12, 21:41
I have a small bump that I can feel when I feel my earlobe. It's right where the earlobe meets the side of my face. I noticed it about a week ago. It itched and was very painful to touch. I kept prodding it which made it red and swollen all around the area. Now the swelling has reduced it's the size it was to begin with. When I feel my earlobe I can feel the bump from infront and behind of my lobe. I don't want to search online if you have lymph nodes there because it will just freak me out. Any ideas what it may be? Anyone had any experience like this before? Last year I had a swollen lymph node behind the same ear which went down eventually.

chanebehanan
16-06-12, 08:38
i had one too a few months ago. as long as it stays small its really nothing to worry about, im an expert on lymph nodes. courtesy of dr. google :roflmao:

sophiethestar
16-06-12, 19:38
Thanks. :) x

shihaiai
17-06-12, 06:58
:bighug1:

---------- Post added at 05:58 ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 ----------

Sd

Munchlet
17-06-12, 11:19
Hi Sophie

My little boy has one ther and has had it for years, his seemed to be getting bigger and then going down again and I was really worried. I took him to the doctor and she wasn't at all concerned she said they often come up and go down when we are run down or fighting viruses of infections. Apparently the only time they worry is if they appear out of nowhere, are painless and grow really quickly.

I had one years ago in my neck which I thought felt quite large. Again my doc wasn't worried but I kept prodding it (which he specifially told me not to do), anyway I couldn't find any reason for it, I felt well etc and was really worried why it just appeared. Turned out I had quite a large spot on the back of my head and he said that would have been the reason.

So don't worry they are quite normal and my son still as his but it is a bit smaller. Mine stayed for a couple of monthsthen dissappeared.

take care x

saab
17-06-12, 22:44
My daughter had one there for months, when she was about 6. I was very worried but gp said they are very common, even when you have no other symptoms. It went eventually, just before we were due to have blood tests - they would show up any real issues, so just go back to gp if it doesn 't go.