PDA

View Full Version : horrible day :(

ImogenX
15-06-12, 04:10
Not 100% sure why I am even posting this but feel the need to tell someone, I am so upset. Tonight was my prom and for some stupid reason my mind decided to give me to panic attacks. I so wanted the night to go smoothly and be able to relax and have a good time like all of my friends. but I spent half the night on he phone to my mum trying to calm myself down. I ruined the one night I had been looking forward to for months and months and everything went wrong, and I ended up looking like the miserable weirdo crying at prom. Really feel like I need some support or something just now. feel so down about it all

waunder
15-06-12, 07:03
Well I must say that panic is fear and if you were worried about the dance then what you fear tends to rear its ugly head as it did. I am sorry this happened and it was such an important night to feel like it was ruined. It is over now and like an accident we try to feel the pain then let it go for the next important thing in our lives. Do not let that night follow you .Being weird ed out for one night is not at all what you need but it happens and it may happen again sometime but the next day is a new day and new challenges take it one day at a time. hugs

nantia
15-06-12, 11:48
I was exactly like that in my prom too. All my friends would dance and enjoy themselves what I did instesd was to stay in a corner and think that I don't have a date, I am going to study abroad and I won't see them again for some time, that we're going to get seperated etc.
Looking back now, about a year later, I see that the prom is an important even for people but it's solely one single experience. What happened to all the nice things that happened during the year? I bet you have many good memories being with people and that's what matters the most. :) Don't blame yourself for what happened. ;)
I hope you feel better soon. :)

Lousicle
15-06-12, 15:19
:( aww so sorry it didn't go as planned.
I think sometimes the things were really looking forward to , we build up such high expectations that anxiety just takes over.
It's because u built it up so much that the panic happened.
U need to think "well I hope this night goes okay but if I do feel anxious/panicky it will be okay"
Then u give urself the option 2 panic so ure body relaxes.. Weird I know!
It's like inthe midst of a panic attack if u TRY to get worse , u wont be able to.
As much as that doesn't make sense it works.