PDA

View Full Version : worried :(

susan1963
15-06-12, 13:36
hi ive been having itchy rashes every day for months drs didnt know what it was so they sent me to a dermotologist who thinks its Cholinergic urticaria and dermographism skin writing, anyway about 7 weeks ago i started having feelings in my throat like i have got gas bubbles there and sometimes i cant swallow properly and sometimes it feels tight with thick mucus there, i have these feelings every day proir to this throat thing, i got very anxious about the rash and i kept thinking i was goin to have a serious allergic reaction esp at bed time i would work myself into such a state and shake uncontrolably, the dermo sent me to have blood tests done and they came back ok apart from two one was for low ferritin and the other was low serum folate, last week i had some more bloods took for celiac desease and h pyoli the results have come back and they said i was to make a non urgent appointment to see the doc, i cant go there till monday cuz no avail appointments till then now im fretting because i still dont know if i have any of these two ailments, i should mention that i had a barium swallow and the results were just mild acid reflux, im so worried about this itchy rash and whats causing it..... what does everyone else think ?

saab
15-06-12, 18:39
I dont know much about skin ailments but I would say that if you have had a rash over a few months it is unlikely to be anything serious, certainly not an allergic reaction like people get if they are allergic to peanuts etc. as they come up very quickly after the trigger is touched or eaten.

The throat thing could be anxiety as difficulty in swallowing is often anxiety related.

Not very helpful but I wanted to reply and wish you well for the docs appointment.

bottleblond
15-06-12, 18:49
Susan

I am a chronic Urticaria sufferer. When i first developed it, i (like you) thought i was going to end up having some severe allergic reaction. Firstly you won't. The allergic reaction you are talking about happens within seconds of coming into contact with whatever you are allergic to.

They have no idea why i developed the Urticaria but it's extremely treatable. I was on a very high dose of antihistimine when i was diagnosed but i only need to take them now if i feel my skin flaring up (like it is right now) lol.

Your throat issues sound very like anxiety. So many of us on here suffer the same symptom and it's absolutely awful but it can't and won't harm you.

Try to keep your skin cool. It can be worse at night because we are all warm and cosy in out beds and they heat does effect it. If the rash gets extremely itchy then you can soak a small towel in cold water and apply it to the rash. This is really effective for calming it down.

Best of all, don't panic about it because as i said above, it won't harm you.

take care
Lisa
xx

susan1963
15-06-12, 19:38
thankyou both, its very scary esp the throat symptoms, im to scared to eat sometimes because of the heartburn(i dont get acid or burning comin up into my throat) and i dont remember suffering with in the past, thats why im so worried i keep thinking the rash and throat thing are connected and my throat is going to close up from allergic reaction ect, sometimes it feels like air or something is coming up into my throat and its very uncomftable almost like there are little gnawing sensations there very strange :)

bottleblond
15-06-12, 20:03
Susan

My rash started after a bout of nasty chest pains which turned out to be acid reflux.

Your throat will not close over. I promise you that. The throat issue definately sounds like anxiety and it's extremely common. When mine gets bad, i chew gum or suck on some polos as the menthol is quite soothing. Warm drinks are quite good too. Next time you feel like this, feel the nape of your neck and i bet it's extremely hard as the tension knots the muscles.

:hugs:

susan1963
15-06-12, 22:39
thanks again..... do the throat symptoms carry on day after day even though im not esp stressed... what im trying to say is ive calmed down quite abit since the horrible scare with the allergic reaction bit that happened a few weeks ago but the throat symptoms are very much still there and the heartburn ;@(

bottleblond
15-06-12, 23:02
Yes hun....The throat symptom is one of those ones where you are convinced something is drastically wrong. I have been on the phone to Nic aka nomorepanic in a state because i had this and i was constantly swallowing which we do because it's a way to check we are still able to swallow and breath. It's awful, it feels so pysical and it can hurt because we are so damn tense but it is anxiety.

:hugs:
xx

susan1963
16-06-12, 19:02
hope you dont mind me asking but is it normal to have this hive thing every day and for most of the day also my eyes and face feel warmer than usual also i get an itchy tongue and outside of bottom lip occasionaly aswell also do you know of a link on here to do with stress hives.... im always looking on internet for things to do with hives and always manage to scare myself witless reading about them lol thanks yove been a great help to me x