PDA

View Full Version : Something that helps my anxiety scares me now

Svensken
15-06-12, 15:37
Hello dear friends. I'm currently in a period of more anxiety than i usually have. The thing is i've got a mindfulness body scan CD to help me with my anxiety, and i've listened to it 5-6 times during 3 weeks, and it have helped me lots with my constant worrying about unrealistic things. However, now I haven't listened to the CD for a week, simply because i read somthing scary about meditation, which my anxiety of course feed on. It accidentaly came on a internet site where it appeared mindfulness was paranormal and such..

So now I'm scared of doing the meditation exercise, which totally sucks because I feel it has helped me alot and it was recommended by my doctor who also has been listening to it. And mindfulness is proven to help anxiety...

Liviguy
15-06-12, 15:47
Hi there,

Ignore what you read. If it helps you then it is doing you good.

PanchoGoz
15-06-12, 16:37
Keep doing it. Don't stop. If you keep on at it you will overcome the fear and it will be relaxing again one day.

nantia
16-06-12, 00:49
You know the internet is a bad, bad mentor. . . You can read the most awkward things and believe them right away cause they are presented that way. If the doctor has suggested it stick with it and let alone all those people on the internet that might write whatever they want for their own reasons and beliefs. :) If it is good for you then it is good for you, nothing changed that.

BobbyDog
16-06-12, 14:55
I think mindfullness is something they should teach as a subject in all schools!
It helps 'normal' people and anxieity sufferers alike.
What a wonderful thing it is to be able to appreciate, sound, sight, touch, movement etc. Instead of taking everything around us for granted.

Listen to your doctor he is a wise man.:D