PDA

View Full Version : I'm in control again

Rennie1989
15-06-12, 16:02
Hiya all

Some of you may recognise me, mostly from chat, but basically I am diagnosed with Panic Disorder and GAD. It became a huge problem again and struggled to do daily activities. After going back to work for a week my anxiety went back to normal (normal to me) and haven't had a panic attack in a month or more. I was even contemplating taking anti-depressants again, but I didn't. I feel great that I have taken control without the use of anti-depressants, but through determination and will power.

Another benefit is that not only can I see things clearer but I have returned to my spiritual group. I went through a patch of agnosticism but am glad to finally return with a much clearer head. Not only that but I am able to plan my wedding and write my novels.

I believe I am much stronger now. I was assaulted at work yesterday and instead of collapsing on the floor crying with a panic attack I stood my ground and pressed charges. My fiancé was really impressed with how I took the situation because he expected me to come home all quiet and solomn, instead of me coming home and joking about the whole situation.

Don't get me wrong, I still have anxious thoughts and what not. Every time I get an anxious feeling or thought I just say 'It's just anxiety.' and after I say that a few times I feel fine.... strange ey?

I'll pop back in the forums now and then but I'm going to be busy with work, football and writing my novel.

Rennie1989
17-06-12, 21:50
Nothing? No replies? No 'well done' or anything? My help kind of feels wasted.....

stamags
17-06-12, 21:58
hi
well I will say well done,you must be feeling so great having no panic attacks, and without medication.I tried so hard to do without meds but to no avail and I still feel very anxious at times and sometimes cant shake it off especially if i feel a bit under the weather, but i am hoping that as my confidence grows this will improve.

Hellington Boots
19-06-12, 19:53
Well done, you have done brilliantly and sounds like it's all down to your determination and positive attitude! I hope I can follow in your example and take control of my mind again! Thanks for the inspiration!

Well done!

xxx

electrical_stormgirl
20-06-12, 13:13
So lovely to hear positive success stories, really glad for you :)

Aisha
07-10-13, 03:10
I must say well done Rennie!! :p though its a REALLY old post :p

Andreathompson73
07-10-13, 04:12
Well done honni xxx

Rennie1989
07-10-13, 09:19
Wow, that is old! Thanks for the new posts, haha!

RenosTlaep
02-11-13, 05:53
I tried so hard to do without meds but to no avail.