PDA

View Full Version : please please someone help me

Janina87
15-06-12, 20:35
is it ok to take emodium when you have a tummy bug i took it last night coz i had dia and now i have not had a movement down there since is that normal and i am panick now that the virus is not getting rid of if i dont go to the toilet please help me my mind is going mad telling me its now in my blood and its gonna kill me i hate this health anxiety so much why me

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

anyone? ?

joy
15-06-12, 20:45
Yes its ok to take imodium if you have dia but usually means you wont go to the loo for a day or so cos imodium stops the urge to go. Thats all that is happening
Dont worry
Joy

nomorepanic
15-06-12, 20:49
Immodium is used to stop diarrhea so it is doing what it says on the tin so to speak lol and it is normal not to go for 24 hours

MazF
15-06-12, 20:49
Please try not to worry, your immune system will get rid of the virus. Imodium acts by slowing the natural movement of your intestines, that's why you don't have a movement. Everything you describe is perfectly normal. Try to keep your fluid intake up and take things easy for a couple of days. All will be fine i'm sure.

Janina87
15-06-12, 21:09
Aw thank god someone has replied i nearly had it in the head to take myself up to a and e my tummy is making strange noises and i feel as if i am gonna be sick to but have not been yet. Thanks everyone for the reply

MazF
15-06-12, 21:13
The strange noises are normal as well, your digestive system is inflamed as a result of the virus. This will settle as your immune system gets the upper hand.

Janina87
15-06-12, 21:18
right thank god i have got this site i dont understand this whole anxiety thing just dont get that i can worry about every pain every mark or anything that happens to me wish i can get a cure for this today x x