PDA

View Full Version : tightness in throat

chanebehanan
16-06-12, 08:21
i dont want to google, but this is a huge sign of anxiety right? My HA all started when i was having difficulty swallowing one day and since then i get the occasional tightness of throat. Its never constant, i might get it once every 2 months or so.

If it was something like an enlarged thyroid/nodule pushing on my throat wouldnt it be a constant feeling like this?

squeak
16-06-12, 09:50
totally anxiety and you're right that anything with an underlying cause wouldn't come and go, much as google is pretty much banned if you have ha when I had this symptom, which came and went like yours, I was told to look up cricopharyngeal spasm, it's nothing scary, totally harmless and explained my symptoms perfectly

imissnotworrying
16-06-12, 11:17
i've had this a couple times, i usually put it down to tight muscles or a trapped pocket of air in my throat (sometimes a fizzy drinks helps me burp and the sensation goes away) othertimes it sticks around and it has felt to me like a lump, i think they call it "globus pharyngis" , whatever the name it's common with anxiety so i wouldnt worry :) especially since it's never constant Xx