PDA

View Full Version : anxiety - chatterbox driving me mad!

jenny kilden
16-06-12, 17:58
hey guys -
so to cut a long story short - I've been suffering with anxiety for 3 months now - been on 10mg citalopram for 4weeks then upped to 20mg for another 4 weeks - so thats where i am now, 4 weeks on 20mg. i am loads better and do not get anxious about hardly anything.
but the last 2 days I've been really anxious - mainly because I'm thinking I'm going mad - because I'm going through this. i no its so irrational and completely not logical at all - as i am 100% sane and ok - and that it is just anxiety trying to scare me - but i can't shut my bloody chatterbox up !!
have just been on my period too which I'm guessing may have messed with my hormones??
i am due at the doctors in a few weeks - do you think i should ask about going up to 30mg of citalopram??
any help or advise would be great
thanks jenny

cattttt
17-06-12, 04:23
If you think you're going mad, then you aren't! Mad people don't know they're mad. I expect the last two days have been because if your period. My opinion is that you should avoid more pills, try something else - meditation and laughter yoga have worked well for me, why don't you give them a go?

shihaiai
17-06-12, 07:08
:roflmao:

Jamesflames
17-06-12, 11:25
I used to get wild, out of control thoughts an awful lot and I came up with a visualisation to help calm it down. When my thoughts are racing all over the place being silly and irrational I try to think of them as an overexcited kitten. I can then imagine trying to calm the kitten down by stroking it and speaking softly to it until it goes to sleep.

Hope that helps. :)

Mountainclimber
17-06-12, 12:56
Try to read a book or the paper, distract the mind from chatting and it will give up, because your taking any notice of it. Good luck, and have fun. :)

jenny kilden
17-06-12, 17:36
thanks guys,
today has been better than the past 2 days. i no my thoughts are ridiculous so when they pop in my head i just think "yeah yeah" and get on with what I'm doing.

reading is good - i have just ordered claire weekes book - has anyone read it - i heard its really good?