PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ?

terror-x
16-06-12, 18:39
Was lead in bed and can't really explain it but had abit of a funny in my head like a weird sensation dizzy nausious all at the same time now it's panicked me out and my anxiety is at a high and I'm nausious

I can still feel it now not sure what it is just want it to go :weep:

shihaiai
17-06-12, 07:07
:hugs:

PanchoGoz
17-06-12, 09:14
:huh:
You sound a bit over-tired Terror, your sense of balance goes off sometimes as you are dropping to sleep.

terror-x
18-06-12, 00:35
Yes I think so really tired at the moment but can't get to sleep its weird how you get so tired to the point you can't sleep

RLR
18-06-12, 01:15
Okay, during periods of significant anxiety, the oculo-vestibular complex which provides your brain with sensory feedback about body position or orientation can become mildly distorted. This can be the case with other sensory systems as well because anxiety of certain levels imparts influence upon the nervous system by which these sensory systems operate.

Dizziness and nausea are common complaints and the most common diagnosis in cases which do not self-resolve is call Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.

Another common cause for your symptoms can be the onset of Otitis Media, or middle ear infection, although it tends to be more common in children and adolescents.

If symptoms persist more than 72 hours, then it is simply wise to notify your primary care doctor to determine if direct evaluation is warranted. Otherwise, you can relax at this point for rarely is this type of phenomenon a sign of serious disease or illness.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)