PDA

View Full Version : low ferritin and low serum folate

susan1963
16-06-12, 23:32
hi has anyone had blood tests back that said low ferritin and low serum folate can any of these two ailments cause a hives type rash, also ive been tested for celiac disease and h.pylori, the results are back and i was told to make a non urgent appointment to see doc..... does this mean i may have any of them im worried about it as the doc cant fit me in till monday :@(

PanchoGoz
16-06-12, 23:48
Low ferittin which regulates iron storage and release in your blood cells and folate which is a another chemical in your blood, don't cause rashes. It's quite common to be low in folate, I was, and you will probably receive supplementation. Rashes usually come from an allergy or irritation in my experience... If you were told to make a non urgent appointment then there is nothing really wrong - he will just tell you the results and probably treat you for the low ferritin and folate and if you had one of the diseases, antibiotics too. It isn't anything to worry about, have a cuppa and keep distracted till monday :)

Anxious_gal
16-06-12, 23:57
I do know that all of those issues ARE treatable :) So no need to worry there too much.

low ferritin and low serum folate can be a sign of celiac disease, my friend has it but she was feeling very sick right before she was diagnosed. She eats a special diet now and is doing fine.
But remember you might just have simple Anemia too, so really try not to assume the worst as it won't help you x
It can also be a sign of h.pylori too, again which is easily treatable :)

Because it's a non urgent appointment I would assume you're ok and aren't suffering from anything that would harm you in the sense it'd need to be treated right away.

Try to remain positive, try not to get carried away with your imagination and thinking all sorts of scary thoughts.

You won't know until Monday so you just got to wait it out, I know the anticipation is agony but remember that it's more likely something VERY treatable or the doctor would have sent you straight to the hospital for more tests or treatment x

susan1963
17-06-12, 00:03
thankyou x