PDA

View Full Version : Sorta an apology but not, just learning

gungelad
17-06-12, 19:14
Hi all

I was new to the site last week and just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have to wait for my five day expiry for the chatroom use as often its just nice to talk and this helps me. Last week I sent loads of pm's, without asking and I guess with hindsight I shouldn't have. So if I did and it annoyed you, then please accept my apology. For those of you kind enough to reply and say hello, thank you I felt much more re-assured.

I spent this weekend worrying about those who havent spoken back to me and its been awful. I feel slightly better for writing this post and making this 'sorry' thread but this is my anxiety cause (worry about others thoughts) and so i'm all in a bit of a muddle. Anyway, I have said it now and wont be using the pm function again with the exception of those who pm regularly.

I understand people cant always or maybe dont reply as its an issue for them but I am just worried I had annoyed, upset or offended people :unsure:

If I did pm you and you can reply but dont wanna chat thats ok too and I'll respect that, would just be nice to know.

A great forum though and thank you :-)

And i'll regret posting this once I write send :-(

ImogenX
17-06-12, 19:35
you shouldn't feel bad at all, if people didn't reply it could be because they have been busy or don't feel comfortable discussing some of their issues. I actually PM'd you after seeing your last post as I hate to see people feeling alone and I thought I may be able to be someone you could speak to. But you chose not to reply and I understood that I wasn't the type of person you wanted to speak to, and I am sure that must be the case for any of the people who didn't respond to you.

gungelad
17-06-12, 19:37
Sorry Imogen, I had already started to think I had annoyed folk so didnt reply anymore but thank you, your words are appreciated.

ImogenX
17-06-12, 19:43
No problem at all, I am positive people weren't annoyed anyway, you can never know what are going on with other people behind closed doors!

kittikat
17-06-12, 19:46
What a thoughtful post gungelad, it must have been a difficult decision to write it.

I think when we finally find such a reassuring and friendly site like this, we are so consumed with all the information and feel so relieved to be amongst others like us that it's quite easy to get kind of sucked in to needing contact & reassurance.

I don't believe you did anything wrong and I'm sure others will see it that way too. Some here are fairly reserved and others like to chat. Some don't log in every day and others do. Some like to talk about their issues, others just like to read what's posted.

It is a great forum, and you will benefit from being here, I'm sure. Post some threads and get the feel of the place and there will be no stopping you!!

Don't feel bad, you'll make your anxiety worse!!

Take care, Kitti :)

gungelad
17-06-12, 19:51
Thanks Kitti, I have replied to your kind post :)

BobbyDog
17-06-12, 21:12
I received PM's from you and it was great to chat.
It was a reciprocal conversation and it helped me as much as it helped you.
If you want to contact me again at any time, do not think twice about it, go ahead.