PDA

View Full Version : Driving my crazy :(

Lousicle
17-06-12, 20:30
Hi everyone , not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes ..
Past few days I've been feeling constantly on the verge of a panic attack :weep:
If that makes sense to anyone? Kinda like the anxiety is building up & up but stays at that point just before a panic attack , VERY heightened anxiety VERY uncomfortable & VERY frightening , I don't know why I'm very very skittish & nervy this week :wacko: tight feeling in my throat most of the day , heart starts beating fast & palpitations make me lose my breath .. The only time I feel relief is when I wake up in the morning because I'm too tired/sleepy to be anything other than relaxed (think that's because I take my meds just before bed & they cause drowsiness.)
But then throughout the day the anxiety rises higher & higher & gets to that "just before panic" state & stays there until I fall asleep , it's really getting me down now & has no signs of easing up or going away.
I had plans to meet a friend over the weekend and had to cancel because I was terrified of going & having an attack..
I'm trying all sorts of home Self Help techniques & remedies .. I've tried tensing muscles then relaxing them , rescue remedy , sucking mints , sipping water .. Eating helps a little but I don't wanna over do it on the eating because then I'll feel sick (I'm emet for anyone who doesn't know) & that would make the situation a lot worse.
I was having symptoms of reflux yesterday but have started taking the ranitidine again & has made a massive improvement with that but inside I'm still anxious.
tried deep breathing , trying to nap :(
I'm not consciously thinking negative thoughts , but once the anxiety starts getting bad , I can't help the thoughts coming of 'what if I start panicking'

I think the only thing that's helping a little is using the technique when I'm trying to make myself more anxious , it has the anti effect & calms me down a little (dunno if anyone has tried that)
But it takes a lot for me to concentrate properly when doing that & I'm so tired as it is.
Anyone else been like this? It's not even like a one off cause its been happening now since about Friday.
This happened to anyone else?
Are there any other techniques anyone can share?
Anything to help me relax a little rather than be on the edge of a panic attack all day?

Any advice will be much appreciated guys thankyouu! :hugs:

Rach29
17-06-12, 20:40
hi what i have been doing is telling my panic to come scare me all it can do its worst but as im feeling that panic remain as calm as i can tho its still scary the more you focus on your feelings the more they will stay try to ignore them and do things to keep your mind off them thats been working for me good luck :)

Lousicle
17-06-12, 20:52
Yeahh that's what I meant when I said I was trying to make myself more anxious , but it takes me a lot of concentration :/
It's just driving me crazy because just when I feel like I'm getting a little bit better it starts up again ! :'(

Rach29
17-06-12, 20:59
i know its so hard you just have to keep trying not give up you will get there you just have to try to get on with normal things as if its not there so your beating it, it will get easier x

Lousicle
17-06-12, 21:06
I know , & I'm trying so hard , last week I thought it was finally easing off , but this week I've been a total wreck .. Hard when u are constantly falling back down after getting so far.

It's really upsetting me now :( I feel like I've failed myself , although I know logically that I haven't done anything wrong .. I can't stop feeling this way!
Hormones done help either I suppose.
Seeing my psychiatrist on 27th so gonna see how it goes for the next week or so & go from there , I really want to get on with this therapy I've been referred to , I just need something to feel like I'm trying to help myself , it's took such a long time to even get to see my psychiatrist .. Just one big waiting game which I guess doesn't help either.

Sorry for the rant & feeling sorry for myself .. I can express it a lot more when typing rather than speaking out loud.
& thankyouu for the advice/support :)

BobbyDog
17-06-12, 21:07
I have been challenging my panic by drinking caffeinated coffee. My heart has been racing and I have managed not to go into a full on panic attack, by allowing the feelings of anxiety to wash over me. The only problem is that I can't talk to anyone because I feel wired, so the experiment did not work for me.

The only thing that works for me is having a positive attitude, making plans for the future and acting as though I do not suffer from anxiety, when on my own or with other people.

Lousicle
17-06-12, 21:50
Easier said than done bobbydog.
Not dismissing the idea , ive tried many times to act "normal" to try & feel "normal" but that one doesn't really work for me & I get myself more worked up.

Rach29
17-06-12, 21:51
you dont need to apoligize for feeling sorry for yourself we all know how you feel and your allowed to have a rant and feel a bit sorry for yourself because its so frustrating just keep strong and keep fighting you will beat this :D

Lousicle
17-06-12, 22:13
Thanks rach29 :)