PDA

View Full Version : Probably going to the hospital later because of my kidneys

skyisblue
18-06-12, 04:48
Hi everyone, its me again.

In the past, I've had my struggle with bubbly and foamy urine. I know this is fairly common especially among men.

I'm a bit freaked out because recently, I have some of the bubbles and foamy stuff that don't get flushed even after I flush the toilet. I've had some friends pee on the toilet and most of them leave bubbles or froth even after flushing. That's the only thing that is keeping me sane.

But just this morning, I sudddenly bcame anxious about all this bubbly thing in urine atter flushing. Having HA, i am diagnosing myself with protein in urine and kidney disease.

My last urine test was last year and it came out fine. Im just scared that between last year and today, my kidneys are sick and leaking already.

Im at work now and i cannot concentrate.

Im thinking of going to the hospital to have a urine test to finally confirm or clear my fears. Im hoping for the latter of course.

I just wanna ask if anybody here had been sooooo sure beyond doubt that there was something wrong with them, but eventually the medical test said you are fine? Cuz right now I am sure as hell that my kidney is leaking and malfunctioning at the age of 21 :weep:

Anxious_gal
18-06-12, 06:52
You don't seem to have symptoms of an infection or UTI .
If anything was wrong with your kidneys you'd be feeling pretty ill.
I think you're focusing too much on your urine and not accepting its pretty normal.

What do you think is wrong?

skyisblue
18-06-12, 07:00
Hi mishel, thanks for the reply.

The thing I think is wrong is that I have protein in my urine not because of a treatable infection but because it is not in good shape in general.

I am merely judging myself based on the foamy and bubbly appearance of my urine in the toilet and some of the bubbles still rise on the surface even after flushing it!

This is really making me feel bad. :(

justina
18-06-12, 08:33
I just wanna ask if anybody here had been sooooo sure beyond doubt that there was something wrong with them, but eventually the medical test said you are fine? Cuz right now I am sure as hell that my kidney is leaking and malfunctioning at the age of 21 :weep:

I think we all have...that's why we are here...I am so sure myself right now that I have a serious illness:weep:

Im sure you are fine, it really doesn't sound like anything else than health anxiety (which is bad enough, I know:whistles:)

:bighug1:

skyisblue
18-06-12, 08:49
Thanks justina.

Ugh just cant help myself right now because of this.

I hope somebody here has very bubbly or foamy urine yet still had normal urine tests etc.

Anyone? :(

justina
18-06-12, 08:57
Thanks justina.

Ugh just cant help myself right now because of this.

I hope somebody here has very bubbly or foamy urine yet still had normal urine tests etc.

Anyone? :(

I did last year! I was worried about that last year because one test I did came back and said proteins in the urine. So I kept controlling it and to me it looked very foamy. So I went to have a new test but the levels were normal again! So the foam was either just my imagination or something that is normal.

skyisblue
18-06-12, 10:16
Hi justina, thanks again.

So you had one protein positive result? How about now? :)

What did the doctor say?

dan1234
18-06-12, 10:51
Can I suggest that a walk in centre or GP might be a better option.

justina
18-06-12, 10:51
Yes I had proteins in the urine, the doctor said something about a mild infection that might have left some signs.
When I went back everything was normal, even though I was sure I saw foam...

skyisblue
18-06-12, 10:56
Hi dan, i'll try but all the gps here in my country are in big hospitals. Will probably do a urine test soon. So scared out off my wits.

Justina, i see. Good thing everything came back clear. How's your urine now?

I do admit that I tend to not drink enough water..

skyisblue
18-06-12, 23:15
Anyone else on the same boat as me? :(

swgrl09
19-06-12, 18:34
I did not know bubbles in urine was a bad thing? I thought bubbles just happens whenever liquids splash around or whatever when it hits the toilet water.

nomorepanic
19-06-12, 19:09
I've had some friends pee on the toilet and most of them leave bubbles or froth even after flushing. That's the only thing that is keeping me sane.

I would say that this answers your question really :yesyes:

We do have other posts about this as well - if you search for something like "bubbles in toilet" or "bubbles urine"

nomorepanic
19-06-12, 19:10
here is your last post about it:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=102993

nomorepanic
19-06-12, 19:11
Oh and this one lol:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=101161

skyisblue
19-06-12, 23:26
Swgrl, well most of the time that is the case, but in some cases, it could mean that it could be protein in urine. :/

Hi nic, i know. Sorry for bringing up another thread like this. I guess what is triggering this fear of mine again is that i do notice some of my friends pee without leaving bubbles behind after flushing. Also, i cant remember the last time i flushed a toilet without not leaving bubbles or some foam behind. This also happens in some other toilets. Even when i sit down to pee. :(

Thats why lately ive been not looking at the toilet bowl and flushing twice.

Anxious_gal
20-06-12, 02:16
Maybe throw some toilet paper in to the bowel before you pee?

I guess you could always get a urine test done at your doctors if you think it'd help reasure you.

katielou80
20-06-12, 06:44
i have bubbles! so does my son. i work in a hospital babe, tons of people have bubbly urine. your ok, its cool. its just your HA i have severe HA too, worrying about ovarian cancer at the mo! it sucks. believe me pal, bubbles in your urine is nowt to worry about. please stop. ok! xx lol

skyisblue
20-06-12, 07:32
Thanks mishel. I'm really thinking of having a urine test before the end of the month or by next month to totally end all of this. :(

Hi katielou, I can't imagine someone with severe HA working in a hospital. :wacko: I've had bubbly urine even before, but sometimes I think it's getting foamy. Not severely foamy, but foamy nonetheless. How I wish I could have a urine test right now without feeling like crap. :wacko:

katielou80
20-06-12, 08:11
you dont need one sky, you have no signs of a urine infection. i work on maternity so its cool. lol i do struggle though

swgrl09
20-06-12, 13:11
Oh, I've had protein in my urine before. They said it was probably no big deal, fluctuates all the time, so I was retested a week letter and was fine. I didn't know what it meant and did not care because it was before I had HA.

skyisblue
30-06-12, 14:26
Thanks, katie. Yes, I don't think I have any other things going on except this bubbly urine and some bubbles that rise even after flushing. I'm just going crazy :weep:

swgrl, oh how I envy you. I just wish I could forget what I read before about bubbles in urine. :weep:

imissnotworrying
30-06-12, 14:50
Thanks, katie. Yes, I don't think I have any other things going on except this bubbly urine and some bubbles that rise even after flushing. I'm just going crazy :weep:

swgrl, oh how I envy you. I just wish I could forget what I read before about bubbles in urine. :weep:

I had bubbles in my urine twice recently, though I think it's what happens when the urine mixes with the toilet cleaner I've used.. even though the water is bubble free to begin with the chemicals from the cleaner reside in it, and when you add urine, it can create bubbles. My mother also said that even if that were not the case and I just had bubbles or froth in my urine, that she had that all the time when she was a kid. She doesn't get it anymore but it never did her any harm :)

skyisblue
30-06-12, 15:01
thanks imissnotworrying.

Were your urine tests and your mother's more or less normal? :)

imissnotworrying
01-07-12, 12:32
i haven't had one as my anxiety has subsided but my mum said her's was yes xxx