PDA

View Full Version : Missing pills and worried!!

Misslouread
18-06-12, 14:44
Hello everyone, hope you are all well, I'm really worried because I keep missing my contraceptive pill which has caused spotting and I'm worried because of my messed up hormones that I could cause my self to get breast cancer,

Does anyone else worry about this?

Thank you xxxxx

smalltrace
18-06-12, 15:49
I very much doubt that missing some would cause cancer. Would it help your anxiety if you were to remember to take them everyday? If so try and find a way to remind your self. Perhaps setting a alarm on a mobile phone to go off same time every day. Or maybe keep them in the cupboard with breakfast cereals if you eat such daily. Basically anywhere you go or cupboard you open at the same sort of time daily, preferably in the kitchen so you can take them there and then.

sonoma
18-06-12, 17:11
I think one thing you need to think about is why you are on the 'pill' to begin with: Is it as a contraceptive, regulate your cycle, or help with acne, pms, heavy periods? Of course, if it's contraception, you aren't going to be protected if you frequently miss pills (then that's another worry all its own!). If it's for any of the other, you'll just make things more 'out of whack'. You will spot, have heavier periods possibly, or start early, etc. But either way, try very hard to take this at regular times each day. As above poster mentioned, if you wake at the same time each day, and have breakfast, put the pills there. If you are get up at various times, then perhaps you;d be better to put them on your nightstand and take them each night before bed if you tend to get to bed around the same time each night. Go with what is best for your routine, and set your phone as poster said to go off each day till it's routine.

swgrl09
19-06-12, 18:36
I set an alarm on my cell phone for 6 pm every day so I remember to take it. But I don't think missing them causing cancer, everybody misses once in a while. Just be safe with sex when you do.