PDA

View Full Version : anyone missing work do to physical symptoms?

matrix123
18-06-12, 16:26
I'm new to this HA thing and lately have missed several days at work. First because of general fatigue, palpitations etc. Now it's because my left leg feels weak and I'm afraid I'll not be able to stay there or get back at home:(

Anyone with similar issues?

Liviguy
18-06-12, 17:22
There was a time I missed a few days off work but I forced myself to go back as I knew the more I stayed off, the more I'd dwell and the harder it would be to go back.

matrix123
18-06-12, 17:34
You're right...but when in bed I find it so hard to go out. Today I had pain behind the knee and it felt the leg would not support me. Now I'm better and jumping on that leg...****ing ha

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

Funny thing is that I find it harder to stand than to walk/run. Probably because when standing im focusing there all the time

southey
18-06-12, 17:47
Hello Matrix,

I have missed several months of work due to my latest health anxiety setback.

I just can't work when I feel so anxious and as a bit of a get out probably would be unsafe in doing so?

Recently my cop out has changed from anxiety to depression. Absolutely no motivation to further myself.

There is a way back from these feelings as I have been here before but this time it's hitting me hard.

I hope you can work through these damn mind games that present themselves to us and get back to a productive life. Although sometimes a struggle, we all have the power to fight these feelings and I hope you do well?

Steve.

matrix123
18-06-12, 17:52
Thank you steve. I also have anxiety/depression mixed up. Even when I go to work dont accomplish m uch. However i think it would be worse to quit...I shoulf force myself to go out in the morning...

southey
18-06-12, 18:50
Well done for getting out to work even though you may feel bad:) I had to look your flag up on google, are you in Albania or another country?

From my own perspective health anxiety can definitely be overcome and be beaten. It may take anti-anxiety meds or a combination of them and some sort of talk therapy to achieve this. Also it is possible with support to overcome these feelings 'on our own' but can be more of a struggle.

The depression bit i'm still dealing with, maybe caused as a direct consequence of the HA but just another hurdle in my quest to feel good again?

Steve.:)

pAULspybeef
18-06-12, 18:54
Sorry to reply to another post of yours! Seems we're in pretty similar predicaments! I was off work for 3 months. I managed about 6 months of battling in every day feeling like s**t then I was so physically and mentally battered with all the worry I couldn't take any more. My symptoms remain despite the time off but my attitude towards them has improved on the whole even though I'm not where I want to be. Have you discussed your feelings with either family, a GP or a pyschologist? Don't suffer alone! I'm currently working on CBT and it has helped to some extent

matrix123
18-06-12, 19:16
Well done for getting out to work even though you may feel bad:) I had to look your flag up on google, are you in Albania or another country?

From my own perspective health anxiety can definitely be overcome and be beaten. It may take anti-anxiety meds or a combination of them and some sort of talk therapy to achieve this. Also it is possible with support to overcome these feelings 'on our own' but can be more of a struggle.

The depression bit i'm still dealing with, maybe caused as a direct consequence of the HA but just another hurdle in my quest to feel good again?

Steve.:)

Yes streve I'm from albania :) I guess Im the only one

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Sorry to reply to another post of yours! Seems we're in pretty similar predicaments! I was off work for 3 months. I managed about 6 months of battling in every day feeling like s**t then I was so physically and mentally battered with all the worry I couldn't take any more. My symptoms remain despite the time off but my attitude towards them has improved on the whole even though I'm not where I want to be. Have you discussed your feelings with either family, a GP or a pyschologist? Don't suffer alone! I'm currently working on CBT and it has helped to some extent

I would say thank you for responding :)

I have started meds 5 days ago and will start therapy in 2 days. Hopefullu it will help

southey
18-06-12, 19:30
Yes streve I'm from albania :) I guess Im the only one

You would be surprised, maybe not many here from Albania but these thoughts we have are common across the globe.

I wish my Albanian was as good as your English:shades:

Steve:)

matrix123
18-06-12, 19:37
Thanx steve. I can give you a crash course on Albanian :p

pAULspybeef
18-06-12, 21:42
glad to hear you are getting help. keep me posted how you get on and if we can share any tips/techniques on recovery just send a message! best of luck pAUL

matrix123
18-06-12, 21:45
Sure paul...I work as sof****e developer so Im most of the day in front of the computer

justina
19-06-12, 09:42
I have always gone to work and tried to work as usual, even in my worst HA moments. I know for sure that going to work makes me feel better and staying at home would almost kill me.
Many times I have been at work, smiling and talking to customers, with my mind totally obsessed with HA and symptoms. But all those times there were also a few minutes that I also forgot my symptoms while speaking about other things. Distraction is a good medicine for us.
I really advise you to try to get out of bed no matter how bad you are feeling, and go to work... it will be good for you!

matrix123
19-06-12, 10:00
Thanx justina...but with physical symptoms like weak or tired legs and with little sleep I dont have the energy to go to work