PDA

View Full Version : Worse Anxiety/Panic When Starting Cipramil

nichiren
13-07-06, 15:06
Started 20mg.... wasn't told to ramp up.... 5 days in and I was climbing the walls... couldn't eat, drink, walk straight.... diazepam helped... then after day 8 I started feeling normal again.... anyone else had this?

I am feeling more positive now, but the panic/anxiety has not improved.

Also it's done nothing to alleviate the chronic fatigue I've felt for several months now.

Any support much appreciated

Steve

To truly see existence as it really is, would be the greatest gift!

Daisybun
13-07-06, 16:18
Hi Steve this is quite common, I started citalopram two weeks ago and i was very anxious, tired, bad tummy etc, now two weeks on i am feeling a lot better. Just remember that if you have been taking diazepam you will have some slight withdrawel effects from that too. It takes time for the meds to work fully, each day there should be some improvement.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Two heads
13-07-06, 20:12
Yep i will go with what daisybun has said steve,it does takes time for meds to kick in hun.Stick with them and see how you are a month down the line!Good luckxx

polly daydream
14-07-06, 00:48
Hi Steve, give it time and the anxiety will improve each day. I had awfull anxiety when I first started on citalopram three weeks ago but has now got a bit better. I am still tired all the time at the moment but hopefully that will go.

Good luck,
polly

buxy99
14-07-06, 17:30
i didnt know what anxiety was untill i started drugs,it never got better for me just gave me more symptoms,hope things settle down soon

Two heads
14-07-06, 18:41
Hi santmeiter!
How are you feeling?Not to bad i hopexxx

nichiren
15-07-06, 16:31
Not bad today at all.... managed the lawn mower, had to llie down for an hour afterwards, but have pottered about in the garden all day... and been out to a place 20 miles away to get some fence posts... I felt panicky on the way but once I got there I suddenly felt fine... strange thing, self confidence... Thanks for asking... hope you are having a great weekend twoheads :)

To truly see existence as it really is, would be the greatest gift!

Two heads
16-07-06, 12:44
hi there!
It sounds like you are doing well!As for the 20mile drive thats great.
me im ok,good day yest!
Keep the positive thoughts coming.xxx

Daisybun
16-07-06, 13:06
Hey Steve, that is brill news, so pleased you are getting out and about. it really does get better. I've had my first good week in a long time! Coming upi to three weeks on citalopram now, still a little tired but feeling more positive. Keep us posted

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

juju
12-08-06, 21:06
hi
i am on citalopram 40mg and believe me im glad i stuck with them they do work, you do feel better, you just have to let them work, they took 6 and a half weeks for me to feel anything, i was ready to chuck the towel in as i felt 100% worse, but a complete change around for the past week half, sooo glad i never gave up,i was told they can take up to 12 weeks to work anyway, depends on the person. a lot of people with anxiety despair cos they think they are not working after a week, and want to change meds, i did this at the start and didnt know where i was
its all good now
thank the lord( and my meds) ha ha

we are all stronger people after having this