PDA

View Full Version : After a CBT session

Hellington Boots
18-06-12, 19:40
Hey,

Anyone else feel panicky and upset after their CBT sessions? I notice that I tend to go to the sessions fine and then shortly afterwards my mood can really go downhill and i can feel quite panicky and down. It's so frustrating!!

xxx

LAURA48
18-06-12, 19:47
Hi I am the same - I never feel great after CBT in fact feel quite depressed - have heard this alot. Tbh am not a big fan of it - only have it because I am a private patient and is part of my consultation with the psychiatrist. Get loads of bloody homework sent too!

Laura

nantia
18-06-12, 21:30
Hello,

anything that actually "dives in me" to find or solve a problem makes me feel extremely bad afterwards. I can get a pacin attack, eating disorder and stay fasting for the rest of the day or even more, bad headaches. . .

When that happens just try to remember that this is for your own good and it's going to improove as time goes by e.g. it might feel a bit restless or anxious for a person that has done it for a while like my tutor advised me, for me on the other hand that I just started it equals a whole day in bed to try calm myself down. :/

And as you signature clearly says "It's always darkest before the dawn" :)

Best wishes!
x

Hellington Boots
19-06-12, 12:19
Thanks guys! xxx

ohsobella
20-06-12, 15:20
Hi,

I get so much panic after my CBT sessions, I dont think it helps I often get panic attacks in my sessions. But even if I don't have a panic attack my anxiety and panic is sky high.

I guess the only way to beat it tho is tackling it head on so it might be a good thing in the long run. :)