PDA

View Full Version : HIV/Hepatitis worries

krisdeancooper
18-06-12, 19:48
Hi everyone. A couple of years ago I was snorting coke in a pub toilets and i accidentally dropped the wrap in the bowl. I immediately fished it out and saw that the coke was still wet. I snorted it anyway and threw the rest in the toilet and flushed. The toilet had been flushed and looked clean but I'm worried about whether I've contracted something. What are the chances of this?

nomorepanic
18-06-12, 19:54
You cannot catch it like that as far as I am aware.

southey
18-06-12, 20:04
Hi there,

Your HIV fears are 100% unfounded. You cannot get HIV from snorting drugs whether they have been in the bottom of a toilet or not. Sharing snorting straws is also not a route for HIV transmission, blood or no blood.

Hep C is much easier to transmit than HIV. Sharing snorting straws is a route to infection. Blood to blood transmission is needed. It is so very unlikely you would contract Hep C from snorting toilet coke it's almost not worth dwelling on.

However if you have shared snorting equipment in the past a Hep C test is a cool idea. Having had an exposure to Hep C doesn't mean you have it chronically. A lot of people clear it naturally. Those that don't clear it go on to have it for life. Hep C can be treated so it's worth finding your status.

HIV is absolutely not a concern from sharing snorting works, Hep C is a possibility.

I fully expect you to be fine. Use your own straws from now on.

Steve.:)

krisdeancooper
18-06-12, 21:49
Thanks mate. You've calmed me a down a LOT. I was really hot and panicky before but now I'm completely fine. There is one thing that concerns me quite a bit and that's my upper left chest. I always seem to get pains whether it be on the front or the back but it's always the upper left quadrant. Could this be related to my heart? My doctor didn't seem too concerned earlier but then again I forgot to mention it haha.

southey
18-06-12, 21:58
Not sure mate, pain in the chest can be literately caused by anything from indigestion to an Alien about to burst out your chest Ridley Scott style!!

One thing it ain't caused by is your original concern, the khasi coke:D

Steve.

geishagirl
18-06-12, 22:10
I work for a local HIV/AIDS centre and you CANNNOT get HIV this way.
HIV can be transmitted via body fluids but not in this way. HIV is actually a very weak virus once out of the body.
Go and chill you dont have HIV from this form of contact.
Unprotected sex, sharing needles, etc etc but not this.