PDA

View Full Version : Email Problems from No More Panic to members

nomorepanic
18-06-12, 23:57
We are currently experiencing problems when sending emails from No More Panic to some email address such as "@hotmail.com", "@hotmail.co.uk". "@msn.com" "@live.co.uk" and possibly some others.

How does this affect you:

If you subscribe to threads with email notification you will not receive updates via email so you will need to check back on the threads to see if any updates have been added.

You will also not receive notifications of new PM's on here (via email) so again you will need to login to see if you have any new PM's to read.

We are working to resolve this issue so bear with us please.

Anxious_gal
19-09-12, 08:40
I've heard people are having trouble logging in to their hotmail accounts after some update thing.

isthisasgdasitgets
01-10-12, 00:57
I wondered why i wasn't getting any notifications, now I know! hope you can resolve this.

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 01:02
Nicola,

Do you know what the problem is or do you need some help to investigate it?

Gordon

nomorepanic
01-10-12, 01:08
We are blocked by Microsoft for spamming! We are trying to get unbanned Fozzy but dealing with Microsoft is a nightmare

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 01:13
The little [oops big] sods.

Can I suggest that you recommend that members perhaps set yo a gmail account for notifocations and for you to give them instructions how they then change their email address in their profile "User Control Panel"

Notifications to gmail and googlemail email addresses are still working from here or at least mine is.

Gordon

nomorepanic
01-10-12, 01:29
We will try and sort it and in the meantime members just email me if they want a password reset for example.

I don't think members need/want to see up a new email address just for NMP.

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 01:39
We will try and sort it and in the meantime members just email me if they want a password reset for example.

I don't think members need/want to see up a new email address just for NMP.

Perhaps a news item about it to Google might get it solved there is no love lost between them and Microsoft. lol

Or any news outlet that will say it is effecting poor Mental Health sufferers with a lifeline. Of course individuals I am sure could if they wanted to make a public complaint on their bloggs, facebook etc . lol

Gordon

nomorepanic
01-10-12, 01:42
We are following the official route via Microsoft to get it unblocked so we have to wait and see

mizfiesta
28-10-12, 14:10
Ah now I know why I haven't been receiving notifications. It's a bit of a nuisance if you take part in games tournaments and need to be notified when the matches start. Hope there is a fix soon.

nomorepanic
15-12-12, 23:20
Emails now working again so members can request forgotten passwords again and should get notifications of PM's and subscribed posts etc.

Thanks for bearing with us on this.

Serenitie
15-12-12, 23:21
I started getting notifications today for the first time to my hotmail address :)

Sparkle1984
15-12-12, 23:23
I started getting notifications today for the first time to my hotmail address :)

Really? I've got Hotmail too and I've never received any notifications, not even today. :weep: I hope it will start to work for me too.

nomorepanic
15-12-12, 23:42
It only started working about 4pm ish

nomorepanic
15-12-12, 23:43
Check spam folder as well

Serenitie
15-12-12, 23:43
Really? I've got Hotmail too and I've never received any notifications, not even today. :weep: I hope it will start to work for me too.

Hope so lovely :yesyes: x

Sparkle1984
16-12-12, 00:04
Yay it's working! About 22 updates popped into my mailbox all at once! :yesyes:

nomorepanic
16-12-12, 00:06
We are so pleased we got unblocked - taken a long time lol