PDA

View Full Version : babs here .. new member

babs
25-05-04, 09:13
hi im babs, its been 4 months now im suffering from some kind of anxiety disorder .... i wud like to brief about it so i can understand it more from your comments ....

well it all started on february when i was in a train.. i was talkin with a person nex to me and suddenly i felt that im goin out of control and first thot that the person is doin somthing on me ... that i just jumped off the seat and controlled my breathe (i knew the breatheing techinques before as im a pranic healer) and it calm down in few minits..... but i cudnt figure it out why i felt like that ... that was my first panic attack ...

i came home and as i stay alone i tried to get along with it as i thot i might just had a kind of de-hydration kindaa thing .. but later after 15 days or so i was in my bike and on the road i had my 2nd attack ... that time i realized its somthing weired and i had no answers ... everything started goin wild since then ... i had no idea wht to do .. i felt like m goin crazy, total emptyness.. out of touch with the world and always thinking inside ... me and my mind ...

i thot i mite be suffering from diabetes or hypo-tension and immediately i checked my blood glucose level and it was normal and i got demorealized again ....

things were goin wild by that time ... i had no answer to it .. tried to discuss with friends but they didnt realised it ...

immediately i started yoga and exerices and quit alcohol and tobacco totally... started praying to god ...

i didnt consult any doctor for it .. i tried to cure it all by myself ...

i searched the net and i concluded that its a kind of disorder.... i hav concluded that it might be anxiety disorder .. here are my symptoms

1. too many disturbing thoughts (like hurting myself, hurting someone else,)
2. insomenia
3. somtimes agitation
4. feeling loosing control
5. guilt (past gulits comes in mind)
6. feeling no sexual urge
7. wild disturbing thoughts

so wht you ppl say it could be ?

babs

Laurie28
25-05-04, 09:20
Babs,

Sounds like anxiety to me. I personally can tick off everything on your list!!!

It sounds to me that you have taken some good steps to try and control the panic/anxiety. Have you had a look at the welcome section in this forum there is a bit written by Meg called First steps to overcoming panic/anxiety. it is a great piece. Also the website has some great advice

Have you been to the doctors? to see if there is any sort of counselling you can be sent on or meds (if you want to take them)

From what i can gather you have caught and diagnosed this early therfore hopefully your recovery will be speedy! Any questions just ask

Lucky

Meg
25-05-04, 10:43
Babs

Welcome to the site

'always thinking inside ... me and my mind ...' the root of most of our problems !!!

Take a bit of quiet time after meditation maybe and think back to what else was going through your mind whilst you were talking to the person beside you on the train.
It is normal for us all to have several internal chat channels going on - one to listen to the person and maybe one was dwelling on something else perhaps from the past or something in conversation reminded you of a personal event.

The next one is often fuelled by fear of the fear - again think about where your thoughts were leading you. Most 'out of the blue panics' are actually a direct result of dwelling on something and escalating up a mild anxiety by obsessing on it.

You don't mention your age but it may be worth having a thyroid check and ensure you're having enough Vit B.

Regarding getting better - in absense of any physical thing you need to take control of your thoughts and at the very first irrational thought completely distract yourself and get busy. Once you've proven to yourself that you can control it when it arises and not it control you - things look enormously better.

Use a journal to track whats going on with you- any pattern or trend.

I found a session of Yoga Nidra to be very helpful for proving that unwanted thoughts can be got rid of .

You might like to share with us which sort of breathing you use to calm youself down. We know some but are always open to new techniques. We use alternate nostril, box breathing and longer out breaths than in and of course the old favourite abdominal breathing.

Let us know what you decide and how you are doing ..

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

sal
25-05-04, 14:10
Hi Babs

Welcome to the site, sorry to hear you are having such a rough time, but you have definately come to the right place as its such a friendly and supportive bunch. I suffer anxiety and panic attacks, and although cope with the physical symptons quite well, i like you cant handle the disturbing thoughts, including hurting someone and just want to be left alone so i know if i lose control im on my own. I find really hard as on my own with my 9 year old daughter and when i get anxious like that i want someone to take her away because i get those nasty, disturbing thoughts and that kills me and in turn leads me to feeling depressed and my life is worthless if i cant cope with my daughter. I am really pleased you have took control early on and are doing everything you can to help yourself, months had past before i realised what was happening in my life and by then i had convinced myself i was a bad person, and that trait has still stuck. Any help you need we will support you. You take care and keep in touch.

Sal xxxx

seh1980
26-05-04, 16:51
Hi Babs,
Welsome to the site!! It definetly sounds like anxiety to me - I have definetly suffered from everything on your list at some point!! It sounds like you are doing a good job by yourself on trying to reduce the anxiety however, have you thought about going to see a doctor? I didn't want to at first but am glad that I did. My medication really helps me and I also see a therapist.
Let us know how things are going.
Take care.
Sarah (seh1980)

april tones
26-05-04, 21:11
hi babs, welcome to site. I have similar symptoms like you. Its horrible isnt it. Drives me crazy. I dont know why mine started, not sure if it was to do with pnd that i had and didnt know about. I have little boy, nearly 8 months old and find it hard when i get thoughts too. I know im a good mother and just want to protect and care for my boy to the best i can, i think its the protective mother part in us, just doing best. Your not alone, there is alot of people feeling the same as you. love april x

apriltones

nomorepanic
26-05-04, 21:23
Hi Babs

Welcome to the site

I do hope we can really offer you some advice here and get you back on track with your health

Nicola

me
30-05-04, 21:23
hello babs, welcome to this wonderful site x well everything you put in your first message i can honestly say i have felt too its an awful feeling all the worry and horrible thoughts ,but with time it gets better getting the right help finding people you can trust to talk to is so important, eating healthy, taking exercise, taking vitamins staying off the cigs and caffine have a good read of megs first page as its full of fab information i hope you are having a good bank holiday take care from mary x

heavymind
28-01-06, 13:24
Hi,

It is very familiar, I am able to draw a more than 100% percentage correlation to what happend to me. It is great that you quite alchohol and tobacco.

It is defenitely possible to get better, but remember to practise consistently and there can be setbacks at times, but remembering the root cause of the problem as anxiety greatly helps. It is ceratinly possible to improve a great deal.

We are great people, coping with something that the world mostly doesnt even recognize and emphathze with. A handycapped or a leggycapped person, will not be called one, but there will be loads of people ready to call us stupid when in react in some inappropriate manner due to our anxiety. But inspite of that we have been living and coping with it in an amazing way.

For me its 12 years now, since I can remember my first few wierd panic/anxious behaviors in my late teens. So I went to a costly restaurant yesterday, ofcourse all alone, due to my social anxiety and celebrated my having succesfuly coped with anxiety for so many years with out even knowing what the problem was most of the time. Only recently I have recognized it as social anxiety. I did feel bad to go all alone, but I had been doing this going all alone so many times, mainly because I cant create interest in people to join me even if I was willing to sponser them, mainly because I was mostly anxious in making friends with similar fun loving people. Being fun loving as well as socially anxious is a very wierd combination, but it means that there is scope for improvement.

It pains me sometimes to see people so happy and with people around, when I mostly am all alone. It pinches the heart, but we all deserve to be happy to be coping so well.

Ram

Ram

Meg
29-01-06, 13:57
*Being fun loving as well as socially anxious is a very wierd combination, but it means that there is scope for improvement.*

Yes it does mean there is great scope for improvement. Maybe trying to find social contacts with other people with some same interests would be a place to start rather than expecting the fun stuff to come immediately.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?