PDA

View Full Version : just when you think it's safe to go back in

mandg
13-07-06, 17:02
Hi,
I've been doing quite well, feeling stronger every day and managing to get into work. I was almost on the point of leaving for home today feeling OK, not stressed, pleased I'd managed another day, when zap[V]
Whoosh:( I felt so dizzy, the room span and I had to grab a chair and sit down. It took me such by suprise as I was feeling pretty confident and not panicky at all. Why do these attacks hit when you least expect them. I was being lulled into a false sense of security thinking I was beating it and then this happens to knock my confidence again. I can't describe it as a panic attack as I didn't feel panicked, my heart seemed to slow right down and everything seemed surreal for a while. Does anyone else get like this?

Thanks for listening to me jabbering on, just helps to get it off my chest[8D]

Mandy

scoobygirl2005
13-07-06, 17:03
Hi Mandy.

Sorry to hear about that, its just a minor blip. Don't let it get you down. Keep staying positive. You can do it hun.

Scooby2005
x x

mandg
13-07-06, 17:06
Thanks Scooby! I hope you're right!

Mandy

manmoor
13-07-06, 17:06
Hi Mandy,

Aw honey you've just had a wee blip. I get them all the time. And you've also got a lovely name lolx

Thinking of you

Mandy

xx

mandg
13-07-06, 17:08
Thanks, that's funny so do you!

Mandy

Will Loynes
13-07-06, 20:27
Hey Mandy,
Its horrible when it catches you out like that, it can sap the confidence a bit, but look at the posatives, you said how well you've been doing. Well done for keeping going, dont let the blip beat you, it really does happen to us all!

Good Luck

Will :D

Two heads
13-07-06, 20:31
Just put it down to a blip hun,dont let it set you back!We all have these from time to time, i just think its our way of getting better.Because we have been feeling so good,more so than ever, we really feel it more when we have abad weekxx

kazzie
13-07-06, 21:08
HI MANDY I GET THAT ALL THE TIME!!! LIKE THE OTHERS SAID ITS A BLIP AND YOU WILL BE FINE JUST TRY NOT TO DWELL ON IT IN MY EXPERIANCE IF YOU EXPECT TO PANIC THEN YOU WILL HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER NOW BEST WISHES KAZ

polly daydream
14-07-06, 00:04
Hi Mandy, yes as the others have said hun it's just a blip, please try not to let it knock your confidence you are doing so well.

Best wishes,

Polly x

mandg
14-07-06, 21:48
Thanks for all your support guys. It's great to know others know how it feels xx

Mandy

ISABELLE
14-07-06, 22:38
Hi Mandg (Mandy),

I get blips frequently but as most people have said you must carry on and positively move forward.

I have accepted that I will continue to have setbacks but this does not stop me wanting to improve and be in a better place emotionally each time.:)

Keep smiling, Keep moving forward. :D

Love Isabelle xxx ( anxiety/depression sufferer )

mazz
15-07-06, 13:35
Hi Mandg its deff a blip ,iam having a big one at the moment after doing so well (or i thought i was).Still ive accepted that this is what anxiety does and iam trying hard to just carry on and ignor the thoughts. Keep going and i know its hard but it can get better Good luck hun
mazz

devon_guy
16-07-06, 10:54
I've been going quite well and yesterday it all came crashing down on me at the chiropractors of all places!! I honestly thought I was going to faint in there, I have never been so hot in my life, everything went fuzzy and all I wanted to do was run out, how I managed to get through the treatment I don't know.

Today I went to the tip with my dad and we had to queue for 20 minutes just to get in and we couldn't turn back and I could feel the panic rising in me but managed to keep it mostly at bay.

I feel quite down that my panic seems to be coming back over the last few weeks rather than going away. I think the heat makes some of us worse certainly me as I hate being hot, it exacerbates my anxiety as I get hot when I panic so the heat sparks one off. It doesnt help where I work is hot with no air con.:(

Face, accept, float, let time pass

mandg
16-07-06, 11:12
Tim, i know how you feel. You think you're getting better and then zap it all goes back to how it was. I think these blips will be further and further apart until one day we'll realize we haven't had one for ages! We can live in hope. It's good you manage to work at all. I am struggling with work and often think I may have to give up. I'm sure the heat doesn't help either. Are you on any meds? or getting any counselling?

take care

Mandy