PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else's anxiety feel like this???

Lousicle
19-06-12, 18:10
Might be a silly question but I'm curious.
It comes on quite slow , but then hits hard .. Feels like there is something stuck in your throat & almost like you're about to choke or be sick .. But it's a different kind of "nausea" than if you were actually ill with a bug.
Breathing kinda gets like gasping , there feels like the is no oxygen going in even if you're taking big breaths .. Sometimes chest pain , right in the middle like someone digging their fingers in ..
Also I find myself shaking , when anxious & after I've calmed down for a long time , the only way I can seem to get back to "normal" after an anxiety attack is by sleeping.

Also does eating ever help?
I've always had problems eating with anxiety , but lately I find myself snacking if I feel anxious & it temporarily subsides , then when I stop eating it comes back!? :S

My anxiety symptoms seem to of changed a lot :S which I don't understand ..
In the past I have always had the hyperventilating , nausea .. But the shaking , chest pain & choking/feeling like I'm gonna be sick but not feeling are all new.
I'm wondering if they are something else :/ but they only happen during anxiety .. So maybe not .. Ugh I'm just so sick of the whole lot tbh.

Sorry for the little rant , this ever happened to anyone else symptom changes? Or has anyone had the above feelings?

nantia
19-06-12, 18:38
Hello,
I have very physical anxiety symptoms too. I can't breathe, there is a severe pain in my chest, I'm shaking without being able to control it at all, my hands get cold and numb, I feel like passing out and I can't even stand on my feet, my heart is skipping beats, I might end up with nausea too. I used to spend days even without eating at all cause my stomack feels so bad.
It also depends on the time as sometimes I don't have all of them too. So don't worry, it's not something unusual for anxiety/panic attack situations. . . Unfortunately we have to face it.
I usually use breathing techniques to calm myself down but every person seems to have their own ways of relaxing. :)
I hope you feel better soon!!! :) We're here for any help you might need. ;)

chaos31
19-06-12, 21:59
hey:) not sure if it'll help you but i just cannot believe the effects of anxiety/panicking has on me! My heart starts beating so hard its frightening, i immediately dont want to eat - and i mean instantly, i can be about to eat a meal and if something happens that makes me anxious instantly thats it i cant eat! My hands often go shaky and i feel like electricity is flowing through my body and i can feel sick and this will sound just gross but have literally thrown up like something from a horror movie before now! Even today i felt bit queasy, was really anxious and as i turned to go to the loo feeling queasy boom i was sick on the floor like projectile! once the anxiety has passed i then get heart flutters well i think theyre flutters - its like a brrrring/vibrating in my heart that can go on for hours! The only reason ive come on here is because ive been googling heart flutters etc and it 'seems and i hope to god it is' related to my anxiety! Id been googling as thought i had serious heart problem! I always over google everything which is bad as a sore throat googled says 'ooph youve got serious illness' yet i still do it! i also feel so so tired after, like i am ill, sometimes ive felt like ive got flu but again its likely its my body coping with the after effects of the anxiety attack! I do feel for you as i do think sadly people who have never experienced anxiety or panic attacks boo hoo it not realising just how awful they are. i'm gonna try meditating and self talking positive stuff as i over think everything from whether my sore throat is cancer to whether my partner really wants to be with me or not.