PDA

View Full Version : So glad I found this site

freshy666
19-06-12, 18:21
Hello! I found this site after having been recently dealing with stronger anxiety than normal. It is sooooooo comforting to read other people's stories and all of the great tips on here.

I have had anxiety ever since I was a small child. Every night falling asleep I had a different thing to worry about: if i closed my eyes I would go blind, there was someone under my bed, I didn't finish my homework, etc, etc, etc.!

As an adult the anxiety comes and goes in waves, and recently it got worse after making a concerted effort to meditate and breathe properly. I am convinced that my always tense body did not like this and fought back with new and improved anxiety :-) This has resulted in (what I believe is) IBS and a terrible sleeping pattern. Sometimes I lay awake for hours because I am convinced I have a brain tumour/brain anuyerism/something else deadly and that if I close my eyes I will never wake up. It has become quite crippling for me.

But! I am determined to not let this most recent bout with anxiety get me down :-) For me, just admitting all of this in writing is a big step. I have been very ashamed of it in the past but now I am willing to accept it and possibly get to the source(s) of what causes my anxiety.

Thank you for having this website!!!!

nomorepanic
19-06-12, 18:33
Hi freshy666

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.