PDA

View Full Version : cycling trip to sicily making me anxious

dabrucru
20-06-12, 08:04
hi peeps, its been a few months anxiety free, now all of a sudden boom, anxiety strikes back, its been since last saturday that i began to feel that awfull feeling of fear, uneasyness etc, me and my friends have planned to go to a one day trip to sicilythis friday, and all of a sudden i have this feeling, i really don t know why, i ve been cycling for over 8 years now and i m really prepared, i cant even relax intimately with my wife....:unsure:

any one ever been in this situation?, i dont take meds as anxiety is occasionally, but i really wasn t expecting it to come back now, few days away from something i was really looking forward to do.

david

Veronica H
20-06-12, 19:15
:flowers:Excitement and anxiety are very closely related as they both produce the same response in us. If you accept that you have some anticipatory anxiety related to excitement and don't fear it then it will diminish. Have a great time and let us know how it goes. xV

dabrucru
20-06-12, 22:37
Thank you for the advice :)

dabrucru
23-06-12, 17:07
hi again, so yesterday was one of my biggest acheivments in my life, i ve
gone abroad with my bike. i was very anxious, what ifs etc all through the voyage. than , as time passed i started to calm down. than one of my friends had a small accident and i got really scared, the following 2 hours where really edgy for me, the hot sun , the image of my friend falling with his bike, but i tried to keep calm, and focusing on pedaling, enjoying the views, and everything seemed to come back to normal (almost)

i remember a year ago today, at this same time of the year i started feeling really anxiuos. i think it could also be SAD...is SAD related to anxiety?

thanks for reading

Veronica H
23-06-12, 17:40
:yesyes::bighug1::flowers: Well done to you. You stayed calm because you stayed in the moment rather than adding anxious thoughts and 'what ifs' to the equation. Although you remembered a point last year when you felt very anxious, you have just replaced that scenario with a more positive memory. See your trips as practice rather than a test. It is perfectly natural to feel anxious when a friend has an accident, in fact it would be odd if you didn't. The important part is that you accepted the anxiety without fearing it, and in doing so, disarmed it.

Vx

dabrucru
23-06-12, 23:03
:) nice words, thank you