PDA

View Full Version : I can't get out of my bedroom for shaking

Gwenmoon
20-06-12, 11:41
I have been having very bad episodes of depression right now today I cannot even get out of the bedroom. It took me ages to get up as I have a back problem, arthritis and fibromyalgia . I went and had a shower and I was ok then as I got dressed I started to have a panic attack and now I cannot leave the room to go get my meds. I keep shaking and feel so scared , never felt so bad before. Help what can I do to calm down :scared15: Gwendoline

Richard1960
20-06-12, 12:49
Hi
Have a lie dlown and just relax which is not easy i know when i did a course thet taught me breathing excercises to cup your hand over our moth and breathe in and out again a few times slowly it did have some effect,but my panic attacks were too bad for it to be any sort of resolution.

Also if you could get your meds is there anybody local a friend/relative who could be on call when you have such a problem to help you with the meds difficult i know,but if you have a trusted friend it could be the answer.

I hope you overcome your problem soon its must be a horrible feeling sending you a hug Richard.:bighug1:

PanchoGoz
20-06-12, 16:33
That must be very debilitating for you Gwen, I'm sorry to hear about your condition. Keep distracted, don't dwell on the depression or pain. Have something sensory to engage in - washing up is surprisingly helpful.

trish1955
22-06-12, 09:47
i ave been were you are many times the silly thing is you want to run from the panic and go get help but rooted to were you are every one says relaze if only you could right now you wouldnt be were you are i ave suffed fpor 40yrs and that word relze sounds so simple i dont no how to do it either when i am haveing a panic attack the last thing i can find is calm it does come thinking about it it does come wether we stand there run for help it cant last for ever even if the panic comes down then goes bk up you forget the few min its went down as for deppresion i to am suffering that in silence cus no one in the house as even noticed i am agraphobic rely on mt family to go to shop everything else they pile all on me they no i wont go to shop so feel like a door mat because i need them to do that for me i am also afraid to stay home alone they no this to and once again use it against me so tired of fighting with my self wich includes anger at it all as well any way hope you have reached the calm take care trish

grotbags
22-06-12, 11:57
Gwen, I have been there. i thought I'd never improve, but I did. Are you taking meds for the anxiety?