PDA

View Full Version : Diet and exercise issues

chloevictoria
20-06-12, 12:02
I am 16 years old and I have almost finished my GCSE exams (1 more to go!!)
I had a few issues with one of my friends (who has depression) last week, and just when I thought I was coping with all the exams (last time I lost half a stone in two weeks, couldn't get up, couldn't eat and had about 10 panic attacks a day) everything seems like it's coming back. I'm not in school so I'm not getting counseling at the moment. Therefore, I'm at home trying to force myself not to google.

Everything just seems like it's happening again. I have a really fast metabolism and I hardly put on any weight, but if I stop eating then I'll lose it with the click of the fingers. I heard that exercise helps? But I don't know what to do because I'm scared I'll end up with asthma.

I feel sick or I have a fear of choking. Constantly. I am scared of eating dairy products. At the moment I've not skipped a meal and have been eating little and often and that seems to have helped because I haven't felt weak yet. But I'm too scared to get on the scales.

Also my appetite has completely gone and now I think I have a stomach or bowel disorder as I feel either sick or bloated most of the time.

Can anyone else relate? I'm too scared to google it.
How have you dealt with low appetite and exercise and stomach/eating issues?
Thanks for your help :)

tom0001
20-06-12, 13:16
Hi

Very sorry to hear about what you are going through. I have been through the whole scenario of having a loss of appetite and not wanting to do exercise. My appetite is now completely back to normal and I am slowly getting in to the exercise.

To get over my appetite issue, I did absolutely nothing, I know it sounds stupid and that is of no help, but every time I was fighting or worrying about the food, I was just taking another step back. I gave food no importance and started seeing it just as 'food' for energy. I tried to give myself routine and ate breakfast with family, lunch with family etc and slowly I was back to eating what I wanted and when I wanted, my appetite is great now and I love my food again. Try not to fight against it

As for exercise, I know when your all wound up with anxiety like I still get, the last thing you feel that you need is some heavy exercise. Try walking most places, to the shops, to work, whenever you can. Before you know it, you will think you can jog a little or that you think a swim won't be too bad. Keep it up, even silly things like taking stairs instead of lifts, these all add up and you must keep doing them as often as you can. If they make you feel better, don't stop doing them, this isn't for a quick fix