PDA

View Full Version : Red blotches and panic attacks- HELP

Itryireallytry
20-06-12, 14:13
So, I'm a 20 year old woman. I'm in College right now, 2 year.
5 years ago my anxiety started kicking in. It was really bad at the time. I took a lot of pills for it, I couldn't leave my house I was scared I was going to die or feel bad in front of everyone. I almost lost a year of school because of all this. But then, things started getting better. A year after I started feeling all this again. I started the pills and some months later I was okay. I stopped taking them.
Then I went to college, my first year was awesome, no panic attacks, no nothing. I'm an anxious person per se but well, nothing extreme. 2 year, now, completely fine. But now, that I'm at the end of it, with all the exams, I'm feeling everything again.

This all started (this year, this that I'm experiencing right now) because I went to the bathroom at school, I was feeling REALLY NERVOUS and I had palpitations and I looked at my chest and it was all blotchy. I started freaking out and more blotches appeared. I had to talk to my teacher and a girl from my class saw me that way too. I thought I was going to die.
Now, everytime I feel nervous and all, I get this blotchy chest (it doesnt hurt or itch and it goes away when I'm calm- completely disappears). I don't even know if I had it before when I was nervous.
I failed an exam because I couldn't go, I thought I was going to get all red in the classroom and walk away and everyone would know. Now I have that exam again, this friday. And I feel like I can't go, I'm not strong enough. I'm even starting to feel bad about leaving my house.

And I've been fighting this for like 2 months, to see if I can do it on my own. Without pills, without nothing but myself. But what if I can't, what if I'm not strong enough again and I fail my uni. I have to go to my exam...

Please help me, give me advice...

southey
21-06-12, 00:01
The blotches are just a reaction to your emotions. Most people when embarrassed or stressed get some form of skin changes like blushing or blotches. Just best not to even look for the blotches if you feel nervous and as you say they will be gone when you calm down again so if you don't look for them you will not get concerned about them?

What meds were you on before and did they work? If they did work maybe a second try with them will give you the support you may need to get through this stressful period of exams?

There is no shame in seeking medication for anxiety and once the exams are over you may not need the pills as you got better before when it seemed your stress levels were lower?

Steve:)

Itryireallytry
21-06-12, 11:33
I was on sertaline. Yeah it did, of course it takes a while, but yes.