PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a minor anxiety disorder?

Adz123
20-06-12, 19:00
Hey,I'm a 23 year old lad who in the past has suffers minor anxiety attacks (e.g during my GCsE's). A month ago I went on a lads holiday with my mates and one time I fainted. Even tough it was a one off (prob due to heat and excess alcohol) I was constantly worried and it played on my mind for a week. Since the holiday I get anxious every now and then when I get a minor thing such as a eye twitch or summin and worry it serious. I have always been called a hypercondriact growing up. Also at times I get anxious over minor things such as watching a scary movie, driving in a unfamiliar place and once when I submitted a application form i had to hand it in by hand coz I was worried it wasn't get to the place in time. This has lead me to think I have a anxiety disorder however when I experiance anxiety I don't tell anybody and can more a less cope with it and I always go out with my mates and I have no prob going out. So I dunno if I do or not. I don't really want to go to a doctor coz if they say I don't it will make me feel more anxious that I have something else. Does that sound stupid? Any help would be appreciated

Rach29
22-06-12, 20:54
hi i would say you do suffer anxiety but is doesnt sound like its effecting your life, like you said your still doing things its not stopping you just time to time you suffer from anxiety and you can cope with it but its always worth talking to your gp about it for advice its up to you if not your doctor someone who your close to.

Meewah
22-06-12, 21:31
Adz

People usually keep going with Mild Anxiety and in most cases it will stay mild. The problem is that Life gets quite stressful at times and very very stressful at other times and so with hindsight if I could rewind the clock I would have developed some coping strategies and nipped my excess life stress in the bud by learning how to completely relax, quickly using meditation techniques and mindfulness. If I was you I would research these so in the unlikely case that life got too much then I could call on these skills. Most people have waited until they cant cope then they have rushed to find a cure to life.

Mee

Adz123
22-06-12, 22:08
thanks for the replies guys :) no its luckily not affecting my everyday life as i am able to go out and that. even when i feel anxious i still make sure i go out and that as i know it will make me less an anxious compared to if i dont,lol. I just feel anxious at least like 5 or 6 times every week (since my lads holiday) but i just keep it to myself and go on with it which for me i think is the best way. just tought posted on these forums would be the best way to find out,lol. I was just wondering if there was any need to make a like fuss about it and go to a gp or summin,lol. im definately not depressed either so theres no probs in that area.