PDA

View Full Version : RLS during night?

matrix123
21-06-12, 12:12
Hello,
I have started antidepressants about 10 days ago...and I'm feeling worse...but it seems this is normal. However I'm having a very strange feeling during the night like cant stop moving my leg. Last night I couldn't sleep at all because of this. Also I'm sweating a lot during the night...It's hot here...but still more than usual.

Anyone with similar experience? If yes, what to do...because I'm hardly getting any sleep

hanshan
21-06-12, 12:35
Are you taking mirtazapine? This is a common side effect of mirtazapine. It may also be a side effect of other ADs.

Some people have recommended drinking tonic water.

Another tack is to time the AD so you are either asleep or moving around when the restless legs occur.

matrix123
21-06-12, 13:11
Im taking escilatopram in the evening. I'll try the tonic water and see if it helps. Thanx

Hugger-Mugger
21-06-12, 13:43
I was prescribed escilatopram at the beginning of the year - started on one tablet and went up to two - but also developed RLS and my GP took me off it. I haven't been put on anything else.

I still get the occasional jerkiness (can't stand the feeling) and find that getting out of bed and doing some squats helps. Nothing with weights, just hold on to my desk and squat for about 10 reps.

matrix123
21-06-12, 14:15
Did it happen when in sleep also? I may wake up at 4 am and cant get back to slerp because of rls

Hugger-Mugger
21-06-12, 15:23
Did it happen when in sleep also? I may wake up at 4 am and cant get back to slerp because of rls

Not during sleep no but I tend to get to sleep late anyway (2am ish) so maybe that is around the time it would start.

Maybe have a word with your GP and ask their advice if possible. Its' not a nice thing to have and can add to ones distress so best to nip it in the bud.