PDA

View Full Version : does any one else?

tomcat
21-06-12, 14:31
hi fellow sufferers does any one feel these physical symtoms before a panic attack because my fear is one of these day am gonna die with panics so physically my legs and arms feel like av done 2 circuits at the gym, so light and jelly like i feel this before an a attack and a long time after , can any one think of some way as to try and cope with this , thax tomcat :weep:

Louise1234
21-06-12, 14:40
Hi tomcat,

When i have my panic attacks i can always feel when one is coming, i get twitching and shaking in my legs manily and dizziness.

One way to control the twitching/shaking is i got taught to sit there in a quite place and tense every part of your body seperatley until it hurts for around 5 seconds, e.g your toes, feet legs,bum arm e.t.c and then you will feel relaxed sometimes this works and sometimes it doesnt. I have been told this makes all your muscles work out by tensing them and then it relaxes and can stop the twitching. I hope this will help you in some way :)

NL2012
22-06-12, 02:01
Hi tomcat,

Whilst i was in A+E the other day, the consultant explained that when you have a panic attack, the chemicals in your blood go bonkers because of your breathing etc and this causes the jelly like feeling in your body. I mistook this for thinking my body was shutting down and that i would die within minutes. Once i took that info on board, i began to feel a bit more rational and those symptoms calmed down. So my advice is...when its happening...just remember to control your breathing so that those chemical changes are reduced and everything else should follow. I am definitely going to give it a go too...:)

Richard1960
22-06-12, 02:13
Hi
Yes in the past whilst being treated for anxiety based depression they taught breathing excercises as a way of overcoming the nasty effects of panic attacks.

tomcat
22-06-12, 09:03
thank you every one for your replys, its soooo difficult to control my breathing when all i can think of is inpending death. but iam going to try, i will also do some meditating which i was taught years ago when i was having counselling for depression , i was in a very dark place back then, thanx guys .tomcat

Louise1234
22-06-12, 10:25
Yes it is very difficult to control your breathing when you are in the middle of a panic attack, we all just have to remember to breathe through our nose, and not gasp for breathes as it tenses the muscles which causes it harder to take in a deep breathe. Positive thoughts and tell ourself that we will be okay, even though this is very difficult while having a panic attack.

Louise

Pampas07
02-07-12, 22:00
I get really nauseous and diaoreah. I think the first thing that happens to me is a cold rush. Not nice :-(