PDA

View Full Version : Created myself a terrible panic attack today!

mjh74
13-07-06, 23:16
Well.....

Just when you've got it all under control, you do something daft just to jerk youself into remembering what it was like and how to cope!

I have left out caffeine and halved my sweet intake which combined with Cipralex pretty much stopped my panic attacks. Here I am a year later and I have a bit of a "woopsy" day and cause such a horrible panic attack!

This morning I had a cup of strong coffee as I haven't had one for so long and really enjoyed it (ignoring the fact that it used to irritate my panic attacks). Later on I went into someone elses office at work who also gave me a cup of coffee. I'm not too sure why but there was an offer at the hospital that I work in shop for 2 bottles of new Cola zero so I decided to have a bottle of that with a double decker (I don't usually have a chocolate bar in the day). I then get home and have a cup of caffeinated tea instead of my normal decaf stuff, had my dinner and had a very sweet desert..... what on EARTH was a thinking all day?!?! Needless to say about 30 mins later whilst on the way to the new house that me and my partner have just got the keys for and I had quite a severe panic attack, the sort where you almost yell out because it's taken you by storm. I immediately realised what I'd done and worked at breathing and calming myself. About 30 minutes later and other than feeling nauseous and a bit shakey I felt a lot better. I still feel iffy now but will be fine after a good nights sleep and plenty of water. Just thought I would air that with you all incase it helps in any way!

Best Wishes,

Mark

polly daydream
14-07-06, 00:11
Hi Mark, I can totally relate to this, if I have too much sugar, I always end up having a panic attack, I don't touch caffeinated coffee or tea at all, as this also causes panic.
It's not fair! glad you feel a bit better.

|Best wishes,

Polly

EebyJeeby
14-07-06, 00:17
Crikey Mark, that was a bit of an onslaught for the old bod eh! Easily done though. You just totally forget sometimes and slip back into old habits. I guess it's a sign of progress in one way - you feel more like your old self and don't even give panic a second thought until...

Well done for identifying what was going on and coping with it so well!

Eeb x