PDA

View Full Version : I need reassurance

Suffering
21-06-12, 20:52
Hi, Im new to the forum but have been a born worrier for years and had a anxiety/drepression stage in my 20's that lasted a couple of years, mainly I think because I was too scared to take any meds for it! I have taken beta blockers very low dose in my late 20's but apart from that Ive coped ok.
Anyway now just into my 40's and Im suffering really bad :weep:. It all started last year when I got a rash on my neck and chest that is still here now. Ive had every test imaginable, all normal apart from my IGE which is high, so it looks like I had an allergic reaction to something. For the last couple of months, I have had the globus feeling, tight throat, lump in throat for minutes or hours at a time, pretty much every day. Its awful and because of the rash Ive convinced myself Im going to die of Anaphalatic shock. I have to reason with myself to keep calm and it does eventually go. My body is twitching, I feel buzzing inside, I clench my teeth, my skin burns and is sore and Im totally fed up. Im worrying what this rash is, I worry about everything at the moment.
I have an appointment next week with the doc and I know I will end up crying. I need help but am scared to death of taking tablets. I did ask for propronanol a few months back, he sighed as I think he wanted to give me an antidepressent but did give them me and I havent taken any as Im worried in case the globus feeling is actually an allergy as Ive read beta blockers and allergy dont go together.
Im struggling at the moment, hate work, infact am seriously contemplating handing my notice in and have had an awful last few years with family deaths that I coped with too well I think, so its not suprising really Im feeling like this.
Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any replies.

Veronica H
21-06-12, 21:09
:bighug1:Please don't hand your notice in. Ask your GP for a block of time off to give your nerves time to recover. Make your decisions once you are back on an even keel. I am sure your GP will understand given the recent bereavement. This will get better.

Vx

Suffering
21-06-12, 21:19
Hi thanks for replying. Im trying to avoid having any time off sick as I really do hate my job and hope to find something else asap so I dont want a bad sick record if possible and especially anxiety as it sadly has such a stigma to it. Im having a bad time at work, boss is lovely but not prepared to do anything about a couple of the people I work with. Previous people have left because of them and Im on the receiving end of it now too. I have to get out of there as I dont think it is helping at all.

rabbits
21-06-12, 21:45
please please please consider ad's, a course for twelve months is all thats probably needed...I had a similar experience and really wished I'd listened to my doctors advice . I really thought if I took AD's I was weak and was also scared.
Eventually I thought enough is enough I cannot go on like this and agreed to AD's.

It is a slow process and you feel a little worse before better but well worth it. You stay exactly the same person without the anxiety. Confidence grows and work becomes enjoyable. No more anxiety what a fantastic relief!!

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

ps you will also have the strength to rise above the difficult people and keep them at a distance....honestly it works I've been there

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

ps ask for three weeks sick leave rest take doctors advise and try to agree with what they prescribe (they are the professionals)

Suffering
21-06-12, 21:57
Thanks for replying.
I know I need to listen to the doctor. I tried seroxat for about 2 weeks many years ago and I felt awful, like I could have attacked my husband. It really scared me and I stopped taking it. A few years later I remember watching the tv programme on it and thinking omg, that was me.
My husband thinks this rash has something to do with stress and has told me to get something for it.
I know I have to sort myself out.
Thanks again

susan1963
22-06-12, 10:56
hiya suffering, i too have the same symptoms as you, i too suffered with anxiety and stress when i was in my 20s and it lasted about 5 years infact the physical symptoms have subsided like the breathing symptoms and panic attacks but i cant go out anywhere on my own and i wont go up town or on a bus with or without someone, even tho someone is with me when i have to go somewhere e.g doctors etc i get anxious but dont acually panic if you see what i mean.... i also have itchy rash on my neck, chest and it comes in patches on the rest of me every day, when i first had the rash i too thought i was gunna go into Anaphalatic shock and in the evenings i used to go to bed and get really worked up about it and i would shake uncontrollaby, and get all hot and bothered etc...... and since then i developed a tight throat, and feelings that well up like air or something going into my throat and its very uncomftable i still have this feeling in my throat every day (and the rash) since, all my symptoms have seem to come on in the last few months sorry its a long reply but i want you to know your not alone and feel free to pm me hun anytime

Suffering
22-06-12, 13:38
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:
Susan1963, I could cry!!! At last someone else like me. Sorry that sounds awful but I have googled rash, allergy, fungal infection, stress, etc etc etc and never come up with anything that is like mine. Most stress rashes seem to come and go, mine is there permanantly. Got an itchy tongue at the mo, cue anaphalatic shock! This is really ruining my life. My rash isnt itchy though and up until recently I have coped with the anxiety. Its wierd as Ive been fine all morning and then it suddenly starts. What have you been told it is? Have you had success in making it any better?
Thank you so much for posting, if you ever want to chat, pm me x

susan1963
22-06-12, 17:25
omg i cant believe you have EXACTLY the same as me, im so pleased i found you ive had itchy neck/scalp and chest with rash for about 9 months every single day, all day so im not suprised were stressed out, i went to dermo about 6 weeks ago cuz docs never new what it was and she said it was choloronic utiartica, to be honest with our age i think hormones has alot to do with it, ive also had various tests done bloods and barium swallow (because of tight throat, and a feeling of air comin up in my throat very uncomftable)which i have every day, turns out im low in ferritin and folic acid but i have been low before but never had rash then, barium swallow said i had mild acid reflux and nothing serious, and as for the Anaphalatic shock worry dont even go there lol when i first had rash i stressed myself up so badly thinking i was going to have the reaction that i would be always checking my throat and mouth for swellings,going to bed and because of this throat thing aswell, i would shake uncontrolably, still a bit worried about the severe allergic reaction but i think if it was going to happen it would have by now, so you see we get ourselves into such a state and thats when the awfall stress takes hold, with the awfall symptoms..... same goes for you hun if you ever need to talk pm me try and relax if you can and occupy your mind.....doesnt work for my itchy rash tho lol but the throat symptoms should settle down with time, and when you feel the throat thing come on just relax and let it run its course, thats what i do :hugs:

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

by the way ive also googled rash and symptoms ive stopped doing that now cuz ive had everything from esophigal throat thrush to swollen throat due to hives lmao :blush:

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

oh and one more thing lol im still itching like crazy all the time the dermo gave e antihistamines to take but i havent taken any cuz of med fears etc, do you get burning feeling on your skin with itching and small rash like heat rash.... it stays on my scalp and neck all the time cuz i cant seem to stop itching and ill have intermitent patches of itching rash on legs arms back etc.... even down the hairline on my face and on occasion i have itchy mouth and bottom lip but no swelling thankfully

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

by the way ive also googled rash and symptoms ive stopped doing that now cuz ive had everything from esophigal throat thrush to swollen throat due to hives lmao :blush:

Suffering
22-06-12, 20:24
I had a reaction to something last June, Hives on my neck, went on holiday and it spread all over, had an injection of what I dont know and it calmed down but never left my neck and chest. Ive seen about 4 dermatologists said ezcema or allergy or fungal infection, had patch tests all negative, been tested to see if Im allergic to the sun, thank god Im not and am waiting to see an immunologist. Docs said allergy, fungal infection or stress urticaria. TBH Im not sure if the rash caused the anxiety or vice versa but I am a stress head anyway.
I get burning sensations on my skin and noticed my arms are red when they burn. I too thought it was possibly peri menopause as my mum was my age when it started. Ive been tested for that too... negative. Ive just spent a week in Spain sat under a brolly as I cant risk making my already inflamed neck any worse. I did have some acupuncture and it was fantastic and I felt so much better and I should really carry that on. I just wish this neck rash would go away, Im sure my anxiety would be better if it did.
Ive tried loads of different creams, took a weeks worth of anti fungal meds and had a skin scrape and skin biopsy, nothing worked. Oh and had a scan that shown I had small fibroids. Thats when my throat started to close up or feel like it is and its awful isnt it?
My doctor has been fantastic really but I feel Im starting to wear him down now :unsure:
:hugs:

susan1963
23-06-12, 23:21
hi again, just thought id let you know that stress utiartica is choloronic utiartica, that sounds the same as what i got, esp with the burning and itching sensations, i itch my head and neck so much that i have scabs and they are sooo sore do you find the glands come up on your neck sometimes too? my chest is slightly scaly aswell and its always worse around a week before my monthly, do you itch more in the mornings and evenings aswell ? :hugs:

Suffering
24-06-12, 08:21
Hi :)
I dont itch but I do have oval shaped scaly patches on my back and starting on my chest that Im told is Ezcema?? I cant say Ive had a problem with my glands either. Im not really sure what started all this but I know that Im suffering bad with it now, the anxiety that it.
Sat here now with terrible throat tightness, daft thing is Im actually quite calm about it! God it really is awful :weep: