PDA

View Full Version : is it me?

Tessie28
25-05-04, 10:51
It may just be me but I am finding that since this panic thing I worry far more about everything. For example, our son [20] is due to pick up his new car this weekend. I am laying awake [normal at present] worrying about him driving on his own [recently passed test]. I daren't say anything to my husband as he has been finding the panic very odd as it is [:I]. I am thinking I may need some sort of alternative treatment to help with this.
love tess

Meg
25-05-04, 11:09
Oh Yes thats normal ...

You're still very raw and the cause of your panics still exists so it's early days still .

By all means get some help but don't think it is essential.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

sal
25-05-04, 14:13
Hi Tess

Worrying about worrying, that what i do since been ill. Think thats part of the anxiety and panics. Forms a viscious circle. If i didnt worry about something now i would think i dont lost it completely LOL Horrible though isnt it? Think we all go through that, even people who dont suffer worry i just think us anxiety suffers take it to the extreme. Speak soon

Sal xxxx

stimpy
26-05-04, 10:04
Hi Tess,

You aren't on your own in this one, trust me, we are all the same.
I think it is all part of the panic process.
A thought pops in and before you know it a load of what if's and worry pop out.

It sounds as if you need "my pet rock" therapy. (I know, Scatty and eccentric, just like it says on my label - lol)

Pop into the garden, and pick up a stone, pebble or shell (what ever is handy and not too big or too small.)
Draw, paint or stick some eyes and a mouth on it.
Give it a name. (Mine is called Melvin and lives in the greenhouse.)
Now, when you are worrying about something, and you can't tell anyone what is bothering you. You can tell your pet rock.
Once you tell your pet rock what is bothering you, pop him somewhere safe, you can then get on with the important business of sleep while your pet rock worries for you.

Pet rocks are great, they don't need feeding or cleaning and they are great listeners.

Good luck and try not to worry about things too much.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Tessie28
26-05-04, 12:11
I like that idea Liz! :DIn fact I'm happy about everything today as I just came back from my GP. He is really chuffed with my overall progress [^] particularly my BP. He was very impressed when I told him about this site [he immediately looked it up and bookmarked it for future use - we are obviously an anxious lot in Wycombe!].

Hope you are having a good day too,
love Tess

Laurie28
26-05-04, 12:16
Hiya tess,

I'm glad your having a good day and your bp is under control.

It's also great that you have a GP who taked little steps like bookmarking sites to help others!!!

Have a good day
Lucky