PDA

View Full Version : A sinus worry

PinkRoxy
22-06-12, 08:17
Ok so over the last week or so Ive been battling with hayfever, runny nose and sore and phlemy throat.

Ive noticed a couple of days ago my nose felt like I had banged it as it felt bruised and sore on th outside but notice it is coming from the inside. Today I have noticed it is sinus pain as I felt it alot in my sinuses.

It is really unusual that my nose is sore to touch mainly on the bone part on the top of my nose where the sinuses are.

Im assuming a sinus infection and am prepared that I might need to see the doctor next week but Im also hoping it will go away.

Has anyone ever experienced this with their nose? I think I just want reassurance to know that this is normal and that I am going to be ok. Noone in my family understands the anxiety I go through when Im not feeling the best as thought go through my head wondering if Im ok and that it isnt anything more serious. I just feel alone in this because when I talk to people in my family about it they get mad at me and want me to shut up when all Im asking for is reassurance on it.

Can someone please help me relax? :(

cocohac
22-06-12, 08:26
Hello,
It sounds as though you may have some irritation possibly in the sinuses from the hayfever. It probably isn't an infection.
The best thing to do it not touch around the sinus area for a few days and see how it goes. If there is an infection it won't harm u in the slightest, and can easierly be treated.
Please don't worry. Your fine x

PinkRoxy
22-06-12, 09:12
Thanks heaps cocohac I hope it is that aye. I will keep an eye on it and Im taking a double dose of my allergy spray at the moment.

I hope by Monday it has gone so I dont need to see the doctor. But I will tell the nurse at the university I am studying at to be sure.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

aww its really sore when I blow my nose :(

Kate1970
23-06-12, 20:10
I've been on anti biotics for almost 2 weeks due to a sinus infection cause I think to the ever changing pollen count.. I had pain at the side of my nose where it meets the eye it was awful bending over was hell and the green stuff I got out via my throat from the nasal drip was vile in taste and colour.... I fly on Tuesday so really needed to get this cleared up so am on my noermal anti histermine tablets nasolnex spray and 2 weeks of 500mg amoxicillin...feel a lot better now.. Well apart from the ha!!!!
Kate z

PinkRoxy
24-06-12, 05:31
yes that is what I got I have sinus pain aswell. My nose is sore and sensitive to touch. Its not as bad today so hopefully it will go away so I dont need to have antibiotics.

Em84
24-06-12, 06:51
Hi hun

I have posted so many times about this....I'm sorry to say that this is how my 6 month long sinus infection started. I'm still having allergy problems now, with all the thick nasty mucus I currently have my 3rd chest infection.

The day it all started was the same thing as you describe. I went to a gig the night before and was out in the rain for good while. When I woke up in the morning it felt like someone had punched my nose, felt very tender. Not long after the post nasal drop started which it thicker and then followed other problems.

Keep an eye on it! If you start blowing out (nose) or cough up yellow mucus then it's def a sinus issue and get antibiotics.

I had so much mucus I managed the blow it into my ear canals and was pretty much deaf for 4 weeks...not to mention throat infections etc...I still insist to my doctor there is a problem there but still haven't seen an ENT yet...

Good Luck
X

Anxious_gal
24-06-12, 07:55
I have heard you can get your sinuses surgically drained.
You might want to look into all your options if the antibiotics aren't clearing it.
Some people use that neti pot thing, but always use water that's been boiled so there's no chance of bacteria getting into your nose.

Meewah
24-06-12, 08:38
Hi

I have the same and above my eyebrows. Very strange. If you check my last posts out I had a problem with blocked ears which the docs say is to do with th tubes between the ears getting blocked from pollen irritation.

Mee

fred_h
17-09-12, 22:34
I've experienced the same in early june, have a nostril more or less permanently blocked ever since and a boring post nasal drip. I'm surprised it started the same way as you. It really felt as if I had been punched in the nose, and the pain went from the bone outside to the inside and mimicking a sinusitis.
The ent doc was unable to find anything wrong except for a nasal inflammation on one side, so it has been going on for 4 months and I'm getting slightly bored with it...

Did it get any better for you PinkRoxy ?

chl_hobbs
19-09-12, 07:32
I just logged on here to post about the same problem! However, Im worrying myself so much due to reading all about sinus infections leading to bone infections, meningitis and death.... It's brought back the horrible panicky feelings.

It started in early Aug when I went for an oesophegal manomentary (where they put an ng tube up your nose into your stomach to measure acidity). Well the nurse couldnt do it. She kept trying and trying and shoving and shoving the tube up my nose causing me SO much pain. She had to stop as she said for some reason it was too difficult. Some weeks after that I started feeling a 'pressure' in the centre bridge of my nose. No real congestion or runny nose, but pain and a lot of dizziness.

From that it has gotten worse. Ive had steroid sprays,decongestant,steamers, vapourisers,even steriods by mouth. NOTHING has got rid of it. My GP doesnt really take it very seriously and fobs my worries off. He says it can take a while to go. He wont say whether it was the NG tube thing that's triggered it, but I cant see any other trigger.

Will I get meningitis? Ive been through so much this year, including a stay in ITU... I cant sit here worrying about this. I need this to go :(

Thanks,
Charlotte

fred_h
19-09-12, 14:19
I'll message the OP, not sure she has been around much lately.

PinkRoxy
26-09-12, 09:22
Hi mine just ended up going away. Usually its a sign of infection or inflammation but Im not really too sure. If you try antibiotics and if it doesnt clear up then maybe your doctor can look into what it is. Sorry Im not really an expert on it all I know is that I had it for about a week and it kind of cleared up.

My dad does use sinus cleaning solutions you can get from the pharmacy and he makes up some salt nasal spray which helps.

All the best with it aye