PDA

View Full Version : bloating and looking fat after being on antibiotics

PinkRoxy
22-06-12, 08:26
Ok in May I was put on a five day course of antibiotics (trimethoprim) at the beginning of this month the infection came back and was put on yet another five day course of the same antibiotic.

I have noticed now that everytime i eat my tummy bloats and looks fat I look awful in alot of clothes and I feel so self concious at the moment.

It happens when I only eat a little bit too and Im assuming its the antibiotics.

Does anyone have any ideas to help relieve this and get my tummy back to normal?. It can be really good and I do have IBS so yes bloating is normal for me but lately its really bad since taking the antibiotics.

rubynoodles
23-06-12, 11:33
Hi

Probiotics are the best thing to take when you have been prescribed antibiotics.

Also have some plain bio yogurt with manuka honey as well and keep sugury things to a mininum.

These will really help to restore the 'good' bacteria in your gut:)

PinkRoxy
24-06-12, 03:59
Thanks heaps for that. I am looking at getting some probiotics. I think mum has some manuka honey too which i will take some off her. I have a bit of a sore bladder again so I hope i dont have to go on anymore antibiotics. FML.