PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else been like this

richtaz33
22-06-12, 15:12
Hi well kind of an update/ question really. has anybody else gone through this. I seem to be getting no better, I have counciled like no tomorrow i have done cbt like no tomorrow, My mood fluctuates all the time mainly day to day i go from flat to depressed then sometimes i go a little happy but usually flat. I have swopped meds like no tomorrow. i was on effexor for 5 years at 350mg came off as it had stopped working. I go from loving my girlfriend to not loving to hating back to loving, i get ruminating thoughts 24/7 for weeks about not loving her i am upset at the same time inside my head i am crying. occasionaly i cry outside. i have just recently stopped/tappered off sertraline which was drug no 5 been having bad withdrawl. i become irritable angery tearful lost interest in things, fallken out of love again. I also go hyper at times. i keep going back to me specilist and they just say try this. off i go again the problem is trying to stay at work while going all through this in my life is almost impossible. I just tried for 5 days cymbalta and had to stop because i was getting unbearable side effects too much to tolerate. I almost got no enthusiasum to do anything. i dont seem to care about anyone, close people to me irritate me. i seem to have become selfish. I think i dont want them near me but that upsets me and brings a panic attack on. i have tried the ignore the thoughts and i also tried challenge them etc but it doesnt work. people say you need to believe in them. people say your not doing it enough but i cant seem to find time or make time to do it. or i just cant seem to be bothered. Saturday just gone was day 6 drug free had bad head but i was up and down allot i could orgasm for the first time in years. i dont know if i didnt give it long enough for the side effects to wear off. i wasnt given any support from medical services in what to do after stopping. So i went onto cymbalta and as i said stopped.
So here i am today low no enthusiasum, no labido, dont know who i am anymore,not interested in anyone or anything, sad, felt manic this moarning, fed up because its 18months since stopped effexor and havent found a drug to stablise on. Dont know if the drugs are making worse. I got no enthusiasum to exercise although weather doesnt help. No interest in hobbies.
not really sure what i am asking here really. The things in my head drive me nuts sometimes. sometimes i get frightened. i have a flat that is two years old and not even moved into i dont know what is stopping me or anything. i just need some kind of stable good help i suppose but i am running out of ideas or options.
oh i tried hypnotherapy as well.
constuctive help etc would be deeply appreciated.

southey
22-06-12, 16:04
Hi there , what is your diagnosis of what is wrong? Are you Bipolar?

Finding a drug that works can be a right job and there are many to try as you know.

If you do suffer from Bipolar you may need a combination of mood stabilizers and anti anxiety/depression drugs like maybe Wellbutrin plus either Depakote or Lamictal?

Steve.

richtaz33
22-06-12, 19:20
hi thanks, i was originally diagnosed with depression as i had a breakdown, now its depression with a mood disorder.