PDA

View Full Version : Tightness in chest :(

Jsp
22-06-12, 15:48
I was put on 10mg of citalopram this morning. After about an hour of taking it, I was getting some side effects. As well as feeling a tightness in my chest, like a band had been put around my chest.

I'm panicking over this as I know it can cause heart problems, and I'm also asthmatic. I don't know if I can deal with feeling like this on these pills I might just stop taking them :(

I rung the doctor and the receptionist said if I experience any chest pains then I need to ring an ambulance. After a few minutes the nurse practitioner rung up and said it's probably just because I'm suffering from a small panic attack and is nothing to worry about.

I'm still panicking as my left arm feels rather strange, and my body feels a bit week and I feel a bit "out of it". I don't know if this is normal or not :(

I'm fed up with anxiety!!!

cattia
22-06-12, 20:36
I have taken fluoxotine in the past for anxiety and depression. The side effects for me were horrendous but my friend who is a mental health nurse told me that I needed to stick with it and that the side effects would wear off after a couple of weeks. I am very glad I took her advice because although it was the longest two weeks of my life, sure enough the side effects did wear off. It really took another two weeks after that for me to feel any benefit, but for me once they kicked in about a month after starting them, the effect was terrific. They really helped me out of a massive black hole so it is worth sticking with them if you can x

hollie24
23-06-12, 13:01
hiya :-)
my doctor prescribed me citalipram 20mg and i took one tablet i had the most horrible side affects, felt like my skin was on fire i couldn't sleep i was thirsty my heart was racing. i went back to my doctor and she said that its all about trial and error some tablets agree with you and some don't its about finding the right one for you. she put me on sertraline 50mg and i havent started taking them because i always read the possible side affects and get scared and i had a bad experience with an anti-biotic that i was allergic to lol so i now have liquid anti-biotics like a child would!!
xxx