PDA

View Full Version : changing meds

dela
14-07-06, 10:00
i have been on mirtazapine 45mg for the past few months. They have not helped and i did not think the side effects were helpful. I've presuaded my gp to give me seroxat which i was taking for a number of years in the past. better the devil i know.

I have started to taper off the mirtazapine and am feeling a lot more anxious the past couple of days. i am also staring the seroxat at a very low level to wean myself back on to them.

has anyone done this change before? Any help really welcome.

Hangtough
16-07-06, 16:17
Hiya

I haven't done that change, but I have changed meds lots of times. It's important that you keep trying till you find the one that works for you. Its very likely you'll get side effects changing over, but that's just your body adapting to the chemicals etc, so hang on in there if you can,

Hope it works for you,
Hang tough

dela
18-07-06, 16:06
i have now finished with Mirtazapine and have started on 20mg's of Seroxat.

I have been feeling so anxious and had quite a bit of nausea as well.

I just keep reminding myself that its just temporary effects

Is it normal to have this level of anxiety on changing over. i find i feel paranoid about silly little things and want to hide away from the world.

dela
21-07-06, 13:50
feeling a lot of nausea and anxiety today. thought it would start to improve after a few days. does seem to be worse. feeling crap

ren
21-07-06, 14:29
I hope things get better for you, dela.

I had a rough time on mirtazapine and I'm now upping my effexor. If only they would hurry up and find a cure!

ren

dela
21-07-06, 16:15
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I hope things get better for you, dela.

I had a rough time on mirtazapine and I'm now upping my effexor. If only they would hurry up and find a cure!

ren

<div align="right">Originally posted by ren - 21 July 2006 : 15:29:28</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

What sort of difficulties did you have coming off the mirtazapine?? I found they didn't suit me. was on them for about 12 weeks

ren
21-07-06, 18:12
Well I'm not the best person to ask because I just came off mine without the doctors guidence, so I went straight from 30mg to nothing. I did this because I was already feeling very bad and so any side effects I had from withdrawal were hard to pin point from the general feelings I was having.

ren