PDA

View Full Version : My attitude is not helping me

theharvestmouse
22-06-12, 18:07
DEFEATEST, NEGATIVE, DOWNBEAT

Is anyone else the same, I always look at things bleakly and make excuses. I also am so angry with the world that I'm sure that people can sense it. I just seem to struggle to do what everyone else does easily. I get really worked up and so angry that I want to smash everything up and give in to this.

BobbyDog
22-06-12, 19:32
I am the same, my glass is always half empty, when it should be half full!!!

I wish that I could lose my temper and show some emotion, that is my problem, I bottle everything up inside and it manifests itself as anxiety.

theharvestmouse
22-06-12, 19:50
You need to take it out on something, I go out and chop wood with my axe. When I'm striking the axe I picture someone's head on the block who has caused me hurt and imagine I'm beheading them, that's just how warped my mind is.

Hugger-Mugger
23-06-12, 16:57
Yes, I could easily apply those adjectives to myself. My GP once told me that I was a glass is half-empty person ! Mind you, I was slightly bemused as they certainly knew I have been through hell and most (if not all) not of my doing. I wondered whether I should have been doing a comedy routine or wearing bright red shoes and a red nose !

I turn my rage inward though and that's why I'm so *****d. I don't know if I'm angry with the world so much as I am with some of the people in it. I certainly could cheerfully rip them apart if I so wanted but prefer to imprison myself within these four walls and carry on this slow death.

oh no_1
23-06-12, 17:01
I too also keep all my emotion inside and have struggled to find ways to get it out..... i email it as i type fast and rant it all out but i then need ot send it , which is usually to the counsellor.... but i know she prevents replying as wants me to rant in the sessipon verbally and not on email.

Pipkin
23-06-12, 23:59
I'm the complete opposite and always believe that tomorrow will be better, even though it often isn't. To be honest, I don't think I'd have coped at all if I wasn't like this so I really feel for you.

People do say you can choose your attitude. Not sure how true that really is but I do believe that it is possible to become more positive. Just don't ask me how!

Pip x