PDA

View Full Version : hello....

Bueller3
22-06-12, 18:40
Hi - I've been on this site quite a few times and lots of posts but today I thought it was time to actually go ahead and get registered. I'm a 40 year old female in the UK, I've got a job which I'm just about struggling to hang onto and am having problems with eating/sleeping. All my problems are due to being 'super anxious' which manifests itself as a lightheaded feeling 24/7... it's really really hard to try and pretend to be normal when you are feeling so 'wierd' and your body feels all out of balance.

I've just come back from a trip to the docs as I've been on Sertraline (Zoloft) for the past 8 weeks and it has had no effect. He's just prescirbed me Venlafaxine (Effexor) which he said I need to start on once I've cut down the Sertraline. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this AD and any advice etc...

thank you so much X

nomorepanic
22-06-12, 18:51
Hi Bueller3

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
23-06-12, 08:50
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Pipkin
23-06-12, 23:19
Hi there and :welcome:

There are quite a few of us on here on venlafaxine and most of us have found it to be a life saver. The first few weeks can be difficult (don't be tempted to give up) but the benefits can be huge. Check out the venlafaxine forum and come and join in on some active threads. We'd all be happy to support you in making the switch. Btw, sertraline didn't work for me either - I had a terrible experience on it and venlafaxine is a thousand times better for me.

Take care

Pip x