PDA

View Full Version : Fear of losing weight

chloevictoria
23-06-12, 19:17
Last year I lost half a stone in two weeks and I felt awful (this was when my anxiety first started out). Since then I've had a fear of losing weight and losing my appetite, but it always happens when I'm stressed and I think about it so much.

Recently I had my GCSE exams and my friend was put in hospital because she took an overdose of something. At first I told myself I wasn't going to be affected by it because people kept telling me to look after myself more than others, but deep down it has really thrown me and I now feel back at square one and I don't want to eat anything, which is really frustrating as I love food. I'm already at the limit I can lose before being underweight and I'm terrified of developing an eating disorder.

I have been eating, though, at breakfast lunch and dinner. But I get myself so worked up about it I feel like I can't enjoy food anymore. I watch other people eat and it's so effortless for them. I've been trying so hard to deal with this, seeing as I know what the trigger is but I can't stop the thoughts of me not eating at all and ending up having to live off pureed food :(

I have posted several questions about this but it's still the 'ongoing' fear that I can't seem to get rid of! It normally lasts for about a week or so, and so far it's been about 9 days.

If you have a similar problem, how do you deal with it? Does anyone have any tips?
Thank you :)

Em84
24-06-12, 06:56
Hi

I'm a little paranoid about my weight! I've posted about it here before. I have these lovely people commenting on how skinny I look these days which doesnt help when I think about the big C all the time as my fear....

I was 63kg in Nov last year and when weighed last week I was 53kg....I've
Not tried to loose weight, I'm hoping it's the anxiety that's done it. I know people loose that amount in less time from diet etc but when your not trying its a lot...

Try not to worry about it..anxiety has a thing on our appetite

Xxx

xJust_Sarahx
24-06-12, 11:07
Hi
I know where you are coming from because i have always been slim but since feeling worse i have lost weight and thats because i have lost my appetite completely, i have to force my self to eat, at the moment im eating breakfast then i will have dinner and thats it, nothing apart from a couple of drinks. Then start again next day. If i try and eat more i feel sick, im ashamed because my children can eat more than me! I am also getting told im looking alot thinner.