PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

emjoy2006
14-07-06, 11:34
Hi I have just joined this site. It has been really helpful reading through some of the posts finding out that I am not alone! I have had anxiety/panic attacks for a while without realising until recently that that's what they were. I think my fear is a fear of fainting, something I did when I was younger only a few times but in not particularly good places. I worry about fainting when I drive and when I am out in public places and the symptoms of dizziness and 'unrealness' when having anxiety attacks (usually quite mild but still horrid) doesn't help this fear of fainting. I try to just grin and bear them, particularly when driving but I can get myself so worked up. I am starting a new job which I need to drive too and I think the worry of a new job and this driving worry are just making each other worse!

I want to find some natural methods to try before going to a doctor. I have read about bachs remedy which I will try. Are there any good posts or areas of the site that could also be helpful?

Thank You!

manmoor
14-07-06, 11:38
Hi Emjoy,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Eclipse
14-07-06, 11:53
Hi Emjoy,
Welcome to the site.
On joining, I was directed to the Home page (Self Help - First steps section.)
It's really helpful.
Take Care
Mags
XX

scoobygirl2005
14-07-06, 12:06
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

hayles
14-07-06, 12:19
Hi Em,

Welcome aboard.

Hay x

chucklehound
14-07-06, 12:40
Hi Emjoy and welcome to NMP, you will get lots of support here:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Daisybun
14-07-06, 18:08
Hi Emjoy and welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of help and support here

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

polly daydream
14-07-06, 18:26
Hi Emjoy and welcome to the forum.

Polly

nicjay
14-07-06, 18:40
Hi emjoy

Welcome to the forum.

You talk of worrying and this is very much what makes anxiety worse. Try to remember that you can't predict the future and therefore don't know for sure you will not be able to cope in getting to your new job. Take one step at a time as the race of life is a marathon and not a sprint!

Need any help feel free to pm me.

Love n hugs
Nicola
xxx

Karen
14-07-06, 19:07
Hi Emjoy

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Natural Remedies (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=remedies)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

emjoy2006
14-07-06, 21:43
Thank you for your responses, it's so nice to know that support is out there. It is so true about the cycle of worry, it seems so hard to break but thank you for all your advice. Thank you also for the links to the ideas and self help, I'll take a look at those ideas.
Thank you
Look forward to chatting to some of you
Take care
Em

giddy
15-07-06, 07:35
Hello emjoy and welcome to the forum
love Helen

nomorepanic
15-07-06, 22:09
Hi Emjoy

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola