PDA

View Full Version : Subtle, painless bulge in lower left abdomen

hoppipolla
24-06-12, 01:54
Really scared and worried :(

I was going to post this on a health site but thing is... I'm going to the doctor's anyway and I do know of SOME alternative treatments for what to me is a possible cause - an abdominal hernia :(

I mean, there are a handful of very possible other things it could be (including cancer but I'm not THAT paranoid hehe :) ) but... the only one I don't know how to fix with alternative and natural medicine is a hernia. That's why it scares me SO much because I really don't want to have surgery and I don't want something to be this wrong with me :weep:

I felt like this would be a good place to come to because on many places people can be quite blunt or mean or can say things that just scare you more, and if you're looking into it through both mainstream and alternative avenues anyway, getting more scared won't help.

So... I need hugs and support :(

I just feel SO pathetic right now... things keep going wrong in my body and I just want to be well again. I hope SO much it isn't a hernia :weep:

I've heard that it is possible to encourage a hernia to heal with things like castor oil packs... I dunno, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here as I don't even know what it is yet. Sorry for the TMI but I did feel a strange feeling down there when I was on the loo (like.. pushing), but it didn't feel as big as a hernia but it did feel like something happened.

Ugh... the panic is doing me NO good, honestly. I've felt light-headed so much and I actually fainted once, and I think it was all because of the panic.

Need hugs :(

I mean it COULD be unrelated, it's not even in exactly the same area as the thing that happened when I was on the loo.

I give up lol

Thanks for putting up with me!!

Hoppi :)

KK77
24-06-12, 02:27
Hello Hoppi. No I don't get the feeling it is a hernia but obviously you'd need confirmation from a doc. Not sure why you think this just cos of a 'bulge' TBH.

Also you're young and remember that not ALL hernias (assuming it was) need operating on. My brother who's around the same age as you was told he had a hernia but it didn't need treating and causes him no trouble.

Anyway, these are all assumptions as you haven't explained why you even THINK it could be that, let alone diagnosed. See how you get on in the next couple of weeks and if you still don't feel right then see your GP.

Oh and have a man hug :D

hoppipolla
24-06-12, 04:50
Hello Hoppi. No I don't get the feeling it is a hernia but obviously you'd need confirmation from a doc. Not sure why you think this just cos of a 'bulge' TBH.

Also you're young and remember that not ALL hernias (assuming it was) need operating on. My brother who's around the same age as you was told he had a hernia but it didn't need treating and causes him no trouble.

Anyway, these are all assumptions as you haven't explained why you even THINK it could be that, let alone diagnosed. See how you get on in the next couple of weeks and if you still don't feel right then see your GP.

Oh and have a man hug :D

I'm really glad it doesn't sound like a definite hernia to you. The doctor didn't rule it out but didn't seem to jump to that conclusion either. It doesn't quite make sense that that other sensation I had caused it, so I think it's possible that this bulge was there for a while but I only noticed it now because I was feeling that side of myself so much.

Ugh it's SO annoying :( Also I guess waiting is the hardest part. If I could just get a diagnosis now it would be much better as then I wouldn't have all the "what if"s.

Hmph ._.

Thank you for your reply though :)