PDA

View Full Version : Convinced of having MS :(

matrix123
24-06-12, 14:49
I've been struggling the last weeks with my left leg that feels weaker than the right...the feeling is there non-stop...even when in bed. In the morning is worse. I still can walk for short distances like 30 minutes, but my left leg gets tired more easily. Also I can walk/run up the stairs but it gets tired more easily. Also when standing and put the weight in my left side I have some pain behind my knee so I have to put the weight on the right side.

I was hoping it was something muscular or similar...however the biggest issue is that I read somewhere that in case of MS a hot bath makes the symptoms worse and I had exactly that...after doing some 20 minutes of running in my step machine, I went for a hot bath and it felt like I would not be able to stand. I was able to get out...but the leg felt so weak.

Now I'm afraid to go for a MRI, because I'm sure MS will pop out. The only consolation is that in some cases it seems you can have a kind of normal life at least for some years and that there are some meds that help. :(

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

no one???

hoppipolla
24-06-12, 15:44
aw well it's not good to self-diagnose like that - see what the doctor says. Also, I am massively into alternative health and have heard lots of stories of people healing from MS through correcting diet and gut health (so if it is that, it may not be as hopeless as you think!). Do you have digestive problems of any kind?

Hoppi :)

matrix123
24-06-12, 15:50
thanx for you reply...currently my only hope is that in some cases as you say MS can somehow be managed. As for digestive issues, I haven't noticed anything particularly worrying...sometimes I have gas (more than usual)...nothing else comes to my mind.

hoppipolla
24-06-12, 18:01
thanx for you reply...currently my only hope is that in some cases as you say MS can somehow be managed. As for digestive issues, I haven't noticed anything particularly worrying...sometimes I have gas (more than usual)...nothing else comes to my mind.

well, I was referring to healing not managing :)

But how much gas? That can imply flora imbalance or other issues (nothing mega serious so don't worry!).

matrix123
24-06-12, 19:58
Well sometimes a lot of gas :)

meche
24-06-12, 20:53
Matrix - have you thought about seeing a physiotherapist about your knee? I'm certain your problem stems from there. I know when my knee plays me up my whole leg suffers. It definitely sounds muscular.

matrix123
25-06-12, 09:54
Thanx meche...I'm in a better mood today...yesterday went out for 90 minutes of slow walk and didn't get the tired feeling (only a sense of weakness). So it looks like muscular or ligaments issue although I have no idea how I did that. Still I'm worried of MS, but have some hope it may not be tha....

chris9642
26-06-12, 10:57
Hey... you seem as convinced as I am that I have MS - I have my next Neurology appointment in August I think I will go crazy before then - my current symptoms are heaviness/clumsy hands and fingers - both arms aching (forearms and upper arms) - which was just right side is now the left side as well - and then more recentley over the last 7 days have developed some pretty nasty dizzy spells ..... could this all be anxiety - im hoping my hand/arm problems is some form of repetitive strain injury from computer/phone use as this can cause similar symptoms and can be chronic - what do you think???? Also I dont have the characteristic 'attacks' of MS where things seem to come and go - I just just new symptoms to add on to my old ones .... :(

matrix123
26-06-12, 11:06
chris as far as I know MS "attacks" last for months...not for a few days. Since it's moving from left side to the right it's a strong indication that it's not MS. I'm more worried because it's only the left side. My consolation for the moment is that in some cases even MS is not that bad. Take a look here http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=117019