PDA

View Full Version : unsure about CBT

**whenwillthisend**
14-07-06, 11:55
hi not wanting to be pessimistic about my CBT but ive had my second meeting with my therapist today and im thinking he is a bit of a plonker.....i dont want to sound awful but i feel he is telling me things i already know ,just that i cant put them into practise....
as anyone else felt like this about their therapist im hoping this isnt going to be a waste of time...or maybe im jumping the gun and not giving him enough time...i dont know

manmoor
14-07-06, 13:03
Hi WWTE,

I received 18 months of cbt about 2 years ago. While I was attending each week I felt great. I always wished I could have my therapist in my pocket because everything she said made sense to me. I thought she was so clever cos she knew exactly how I was feeling without me having to tell her. At the end of my treatment she told me she didnt think I'd learned the coping technics she'd taught me and she was probably right. I lived each week for her reasurrance that I was not the only one in the world with this illness. My advice to you would be to take on board everything your therapist tells you I wish I had.

Take Care

Mandy
xx

scoobygirl2005
14-07-06, 13:20
Hi.

My cbt therapist is a bit strange and doesn't help at all and I have been seeing him since about January. I think its best if you tell him how you feel and give it a few more weeks and then see if anything has changed, if not then ask if you could see another therapist. Hope this helps.

Scooby2005
x x

darkangel
14-07-06, 17:54
to get the best results from cbt - make sure you write out your thought sheets so you can discuss with your therapist on the next visit. Keep on practising and keep writing your thoughts and grade them, eventually you will start to see a change. It does take time as its a new way of thinking.

darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving